Sign in to follow this  
heavyfrieght

747-400F

Hello,I am looking to purchase the PMDG 747, and I can see there are two different types, the 747-400 and the 747-400F. I really like flying the cargo type of planes, and was wondering if the freighter version is the same as the passenger in the cockpit/system of things. Does it require two different start-up and other types of procedures, or can they use the same checklist and manuals? In the end, I think I will buy . (I've seen a lot of youtube videos of just the passenger plane, and there are not really any of freighter vids that have tutorials). I am also considering to get the AOA video of the 747. Tyler

Hello,The PMDG 747-400F cockpit is slightly different in the cockpit. There are three standby instruments (analogue) in the passenger version, while on the -400F the three standby instruments have been converted into one small standby instrument screen. The FMC and other systems, are the same.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

fsx version.will the checklist/startup procedures and other things be the same. i will mostly fly the freighter if i get it and can't seem to find any tutorials on youtube for it.

The only difference if that the F variant has a glass cockpit and has a few operational differences, but it flies the same.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png