Sign in to follow this  
777flyer101

PMDG MD-11 ILS land not working

hello everyone,I recently purchased Aerosoft-PMDG-MD-11X boxed edition for FSX. I am very happy by the work done by pmdg to develop this magnificent bird. Since, it is different from boeings we need to start all over with basics again.I followed the tutorial 1 exactly as it was written to conduct a test flight from EGLL to LSZH. It all went fine until landing, the tutorial states to make an autoland so I did everything as per it. The point where I am stuck is, the Localizer (LOC) doesn't captures the ILS RW 14 and as a result APPR/LAND button don't work even after hitting. I uninstalled, reinstalled, did the same thing countless times but I always end up with the same result. Thus, I have to take the controls in my hand and land the airplane manually. I can see autobrakes working. I am fed up of this problem. Any help or suggestion is very much appreciated. Thank you.regards,Prakhar Tripathi

Hello Prakhar,Have you checked your PMDG/FCOM manual PT.30? It refers to landing the aircraft and its in Procedures and Techniques. Also have you got your ADF 1 and 2 activated?Best regards,Mick.

Hi,no need for any ADF as suggested above.Are you sure that the aircraft did indeed auto tune the ILS you need? Have you checked that you cleared ALL manually tuned navaids out of the NAV RAD page? See page 23 of the tutorial. If the EGLL ILS frequency is still manually tuned, the system will not auto tune the one for LSZH.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I was also wondering that maybe those frequencies collided with the ILS frequencies. I know that doesn't makes any sense but thats my language. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for your suggestion.Hi,no need for any ADF as suggested above.Are you sure that the aircraft did indeed auto tune the ILS you need? Have you checked that you cleared ALL manually tuned navaids out of the NAV RAD page? See page 23 of the tutorial. If the EGLL ILS frequency is still manually tuned, the system will not auto tune the one for LSZH.Regards,Markus
I didn't remember if it was the part of the tutorial, I will redo it and will get back to you. Thank you.Hello Prakhar,Have you checked your PMDG/FCOM manual PT.30? It refers to landing the aircraft and its in Procedures and Techniques. Also have you got your ADF 1 and 2 activated?Best regards,Mick.
I will get back to you. thank you

I just did my first AutoLand in PHNL(Honolulu Int'l) and she worked like a charm. Do you also have the route programmed in the FMC correctly to end at the runway or does it have the Airport Abbrev after the runway...

Prakhar,You can either let it autotune or enter ILS frequency manually, but you must press the autoland button when your "in range" of ILS.

Maybe a suggestion. The ILS frequency auto-tuned by the FMS is the one in the Navigraph database.It may happen that sometimes the FS internal ILS frequency is older and different from the FMS one.In this case the ILS doesn't work. Check the frequencies before the flight with the AFCAD.Cheers,