Sign in to follow this  
Guest kilmer

radar contact

Guest kilmer

I am haveing a problem with radar contact,after it is installed and set to run in fs-9, at the top of the screen where you normally see the text,there is a wide green bar like what scrolls across your info. but once you start the info it will not let you back to the text so you can tell it what to do,I don't know what to do about it. Has anyone else had this problem,I am at my wits end trying to figure it out ......HELP

There is an AVSIM forum dedicated to Radar Contact support, with many members eager to help. See the Commercial Products section.

Over at the RC4 Forum and in the manual, look up the FSUIPC settings. I made the same mistake.Tom

Here's the quick answer:RC no longer uses the advdisp.dll in your modules folder. Rename it to advdisp.dlx in case you may need it for something else. All that is needed is shown in the RC window created by FSUIPC in the transparent blue upper area above the menus. Unless you are hearing impaired keep the RC option to display text off.If you just installed RC some helper applications need to be updated. Here's the links:----------------------Get the base FSUIPC version from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmland then interim update from the modules link on this page:http://forum.simflight.com/forum/142-download-links/From that download link page under the Additional Programs link get the latest makerwys.exeFSUIPC now self installs initially based on your registry entry for your FS path. Check that with this free utility:FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) from http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryAfter getting FSUIPC installed and then makerwys.exe installed in your FS folder start RC and rebuild the scenery database.If you have both an FSX and FS9 installation two RC4 folders were created. Be sure you have two shortcuts for each RC version to its respective folder for each FS version. (VISTA and Win 7 users will want for each shortcut set its advanced properties to run as admin.) Rebuild from within each RC version the scenery database.---------------------For specific RC support please use the forum here on AVSIM as a courtesy to all FS users.