Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

Nvidia 266.58 drivers dropped AA/AF

Hi, sorry if the thread title is confusing but I didn't know what to name it. Anyway just upgraded my drivers last night and when starting FSX today I greeted with shimmering overload. I checked NvidiaInspector and downloaded the latest version of that (1.9.5.4) and applied the AA/AF settings provided by Ryan/NickN but still had no AA/AF in FSX. Do I have to enable AA/AF in the Nvidia control panel for it to work in FSX now or what do I do? Thanks in advance :)

I've had AA & AF just fine with that exact driver for quite a while now. Try doing a Driver Sweeper run + clean install option on the Nvidia drivers, sounds like something is screwed up.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've had AA & AF just fine with that exact driver for quite a while now. Try doing a Driver Sweeper run + clean install option on the Nvidia drivers, sounds like something is screwed up.
Yeah. I did the clean install option on the previous drivers I had (260.99) and now everything is back to normal. I don't I will update the drivers again if/until I run into problems.

As a word of advice for you - don't use the new ones. I found that if I use the latest (or latest at the time - 260.something), I couldn't restore if I minimized FSX to the desktop. I use driver version 197.75, as it performs well and keeps compatibility with other software. It depends on your card. I use the GTX470

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

As a word of advice for you - don't use the new ones. I found that if I use the latest (or latest at the time - 260.something), I couldn't restore if I minimized FSX to the desktop. I use driver version 197.75, as it performs well and keeps compatibility with other software. It depends on your card. I use the GTX470
Ever hear of Alt-tab? When it's minimized, just simply click on the fsx icon in the bar, and then alt-tab.. it'll show up as windowed.. alt-tab once again and you have it fullscreen again.

Ever hear of Alt-tab? When it's minimized, just simply click on the fsx icon in the bar, and then alt-tab.. it'll show up as windowed.. alt-tab once again and you have it fullscreen again.
I think you are referring to Alt + Enter (or at least thats how you do it on my keyboard) Alt + tab for me is the usual program switching and when doing that with FSX you have to either go to the task manager, right click on FSX and select switch to or click on the FSX icon in the task bar, alt + enter 1 time to get it to show the screen and then alt + enter again to make it fullscreen.