Sign in to follow this  
andredw89898

Should I get Fs2004? (I am on FSX)

Hi, I have been running FSX for the past year on my system, I realised that I had a lot of lag when I looked at youtube videos, I tried to solve this and realised I could not. I like FSX but if Fs2004 will be better on my PC then I might get it as I can get pmdg 737 too and I like that aircraft.My Specs:Windows 7 Ultimate250gb HDDIntel T4300 Processor 2 cores 2.1ghzram:3gb ddr2 ram64 bitG card (Fails!):Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset familyIf you need me to supply any more info, Please ask.Thanks!my system is a dell 1545!(I have this question open on Yahoo Answers but only one answer:http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AujxLGsjRYTT5ESiWGXpP9kgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20110301130523AA0uHHC

You should see a more responsive experience with FS9. And there are still tons of addons available that can enhance your experience. With the hardware described I would be looking at FS9, not FSX.

FSX on any laptop is pretty much an epic fail unless you spend $3000 on some gaming specific laptop. Even then the results when compared to a good desktop will not prove economical.

Oh dear, another FS9 vs FSX question...oh well :PFS2004 is an absolute MUST for a laptop, not a should. You wouldn't like to see your computer fall on its knees and bleed, would you? (though I myself, am trying to get a new computer since the one I'm using right now has bled so many times it's dying)Dave.

You should really get a whole new desktop computer, with a strong video card such as the ATI Radeon GTX 580, a fast processor, anything that would give FSX an optimum performanceDave.