Sign in to follow this  
JasonD210

Phuket Scenery

Hi I found a nice airport scenery for Phuket on the Thai site called Phuket2010. It's also available on other sites. However there is a problem with the palm tree textures. There are squares around the canopies of the trees. The transparancy is there, but if anything is behind the trees then it also becomes transparent.The scenery name Phuket2010 implies that this is for FSX so it should work. Perhaps it is my PC? Does anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it? I doubt if I will find better scenery for Phuket than this.Btw I am using Acceleration.ThanksJason

My google search only shows this scenery for FS9, so I guess it's only a FS9 scenery and they are saying it's a FS9 scenery created and released in 2010 not that 2010 means it's for FSX

My google search only shows this scenery for FS9, so I guess it's only a FS9 scenery and they are saying it's a FS9 scenery created and released in 2010 not that 2010 means it's for FSX
Ah ok. Do you know if it can be fixed / updated for FSX? Seems like a minor texture problem...

The problem is, unfortunately, not so easy to fix unless you have the original source files. The trees need to have the correct FSX material properties set in Gmax or whatever 3D program created them, then be re-exported in FSX-native format in order to work. Maybe there's some conversion tool to do it as an end-user, but I'm not aware of one.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I can import the airport and dependant bgls in ADE for FSX, and see everything there. The trees are in a separate bgl file. I can imprt this and delete the trees individually but do not know how to recompile everything into separate BGLS again.Is there a procedure? All I need is: 1) An FSX tree libray (with trees)2) Instructions on how to compile.