Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

park86

RC runtime error and non-working atc window

Ok, I am not happy and I am not completely computer illiterate but I cannot get rc to work. I have w7 32 bit and open the progam as admin. I can get the call out to respond but when I start rc after being in "fly now" mode in fsx, the atc window is red and will not accept or respond to any commands. I have searched this forum to no avail. For 44 bucks, there should be a straight forward answer. Does anyone have one?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ok, I am not happy and I am not completely computer illiterate but I cannot get rc to work. I have w7 32 bit and open the progam as admin. I can get the call out to respond but when I start rc after being in "fly now" mode in fsx, the atc window is red and will not accept or respond to any commands. I have searched this forum to no avail. For 44 bucks, there should be a straight forward answer. Does anyone have one?
yes, i have several possible answers.since this is your first use of rc, one common problem is that fsx isn't running when you click the start rc button. and not just running in the sense that you have started the .exe, but running - plane at the gate, clock on the panel ticking away. you can't be on the flight planner window, or the fly now window, or the select a flight window, or the weather window, but ready to fly. if fsx isn't ready when you click the start rc button - the key codes that rc will look for in fs never get registered in fs. if fs is running, plane at the gate, clock ticking on the panel, and you click the start rc button - and nothing happens in fs when you press one of the keys - another possibility is that your plane, or one of your add-ons are also using the same key as rc. they see it first, and rc never sees it. if this is the case (usually the 1 and 2 keys), then go into rc, click keyboard, and redefine the rc keys for menu item 1 and 2 to something like ctrl-shift-1 and ctrl-shift-2 or anything that isn't being used by other add-ons.lastly, make sure that fs is the window that has focus when you press the keys. if you click the fsuipc window where the menu is, and press a key, fs doesn't see the key, and neither do i. if fs is paused when you press a key, i won't see the key.if the above suggestions don't fix your problem, then make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum, be sure to click debug before loading your plan. then start fs, get it ready to fly, click the start rc button, and the flip over to fs, unpause it if necessary, and press the keys that aren't working. then flip back to rc, click stop rc, and zip up the log file and send it to me.jd

Thank you. That did the trick. I guess timing is everything.

yes, i have several possible answers.since this is your first use of rc, one common problem is that fsx isn't running when you click the start rc button. and not just running in the sense that you have started the .exe, but running - plane at the gate, clock on the panel ticking away. you can't be on the flight planner window, or the fly now window, or the select a flight window, or the weather window, but ready to fly. if fsx isn't ready when you click the start rc button - the key codes that rc will look for in fs never get registered in fs. if fs is running, plane at the gate, clock ticking on the panel, and you click the start rc button - and nothing happens in fs when you press one of the keys - another possibility is that your plane, or one of your add-ons are also using the same key as rc. they see it first, and rc never sees it. if this is the case (usually the 1 and 2 keys), then go into rc, click keyboard, and redefine the rc keys for menu item 1 and 2 to something like ctrl-shift-1 and ctrl-shift-2 or anything that isn't being used by other add-ons.lastly, make sure that fs is the window that has focus when you press the keys. if you click the fsuipc window where the menu is, and press a key, fs doesn't see the key, and neither do i. if fs is paused when you press a key, i won't see the key.if the above suggestions don't fix your problem, then make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum, be sure to click debug before loading your plan. then start fs, get it ready to fly, click the start rc button, and the flip over to fs, unpause it if necessary, and press the keys that aren't working. then flip back to rc, click stop rc, and zip up the log file and send it to me.jd