Sign in to follow this  
JasonD210

How do I remove ADE airports?

HiHave this irritating problem...I was experimenting with ADE and created a number of compiled airports which I activated to test, then deactivated. After removing all the airport bgls, I was surprised to see the airports are still referred to in the Free Flight directory of FSX. You can even go there but there's nothing there but deafult scenery of course.Evidently the airports I made have created a reference in some kind of scenery database or file, that includes LAT, LON and ALT, and that removing the bgls does not remove the reference.How can a remove this reference?ThanksJason

HiHave this irritating problem...I was experimenting with ADE and created a number of compiled airports which I activated to test, then deactivated. After removing all the airport bgls, I was surprised to see the airports are still referred to in the Free Flight directory of FSX. You can even go there but there's nothing there but deafult scenery of course.Evidently the airports I made have created a reference in some kind of scenery database or file, that includes LAT, LON and ALT, and that removing the bgls does not remove the reference.How can a remove this reference?ThanksJason
Are these your own airports with your own (unique) identifiers? If so then removing all the bgl files created by ADE should remove them. Please note that you may create up to three or four depending on what you have done. Please go to Scenery\World\Scenery and see if there are any bgl files for your airport with _ALT in the name remove these. ADE creates these if you modified the airport altitude usng the option in the Tools Menu. If you remove this and the main ADE bgl file that contains the airport then there should be no other information that refers to the airport. Make sure that FSX is not running when you remove them. This forces the program to rebuild the indexes when you start it again and it should remove any reference to the airport. Of course if these are stock airports then you cannot remove them from the airport list. The 'database' of information is created each time you open FSX when you made changes to the bgl file collection.

Are these your own airports with your own (unique) identifiers? If so then removing all the bgl files created by ADE should remove them. Please note that you may create up to three or four depending on what you have done. Please go to Scenery\World\Scenery and see if there are any bgl files for your airport with _ALT in the name remove these. ADE creates these if you modified the airport altitude usng the option in the Tools Menu. If you remove this and the main ADE bgl file that contains the airport then there should be no other information that refers to the airport. Make sure that FSX is not running when you remove them. This forces the program to rebuild the indexes when you start it again and it should remove any reference to the airport. Of course if these are stock airports then you cannot remove them from the airport list. The 'database' of information is created each time you open FSX when you made changes to the bgl file collection.
Thanks! I did modify the airport twice via the tools menu, to change the altitude, and there were indeed copies of my airports with _ALT in the filenames. I removed these and it fixed the problem.

Thanks! I did modify the airport twice via the tools menu, to change the altitude, and there were indeed copies of my airports with _ALT in the filenames. I removed these and it fixed the problem.
OK - that's good.