Sign in to follow this  
JasonD210

ADE Exclusion Terrain Polygon error

HiI have tried to register at FSDeveloper but I couldn't get past the anti-spam devices, so I whilst awaiting help from the site admins I thought it would be worth a try to ask here.When I create an exclusion terrain polygon around the airport to exclude autogen and flatten, everything goes fine until I compile. When I compile, a message comes up saying "Cannot find specified file". When I click this away the airport compiles but does not compile the exclusion polygon, as can be seen directly in the scenery, and also by importing the compiled bgl into the ADE again.Any ideas what might be wrong here?ThanksJason

HiI have tried to register at FSDeveloper but I couldn't get past the anti-spam devices, so I whilst awaiting help from the site admins I thought it would be worth a try to ask here.When I create an exclusion terrain polygon around the airport to exclude autogen and flatten, everything goes fine until I compile. When I compile, a message comes up saying "Cannot find specified file". When I click this away the airport compiles but does not compile the exclusion polygon, as can be seen directly in the scenery, and also by importing the compiled bgl into the ADE again.Any ideas what might be wrong here?ThanksJason
JasonI have replied to your email concerning registration on FS Developer. Please read the registration question again - you are not giving the correct answer.As to your error it would seem that you have not specified the path the Shp2Vec.exe This is the program that compiles terrain elements. When you installed ADE you should have gone through the new user wizard. On the Folders page you can click the Find button to find FSX, BglComp and Shp2Vec. If the paths are not automatically found then there may be an issue with your registry entries for the SDK.In the ADE application folder from the Start menu there is an application called Owl Tools ADE Environment Checker. If you have not run this then please do so. It checks to see if your setup is able to run ADE successfully. If it gives rise to any problems then we need to get these fixed.

JasonI have replied to your email concerning registration on FS Developer. Please read the registration question again - you are not giving the correct answer.As to your error it would seem that you have not specified the path the Shp2Vec.exe This is the program that compiles terrain elements. When you installed ADE you should have gone through the new user wizard. On the Folders page you can click the Find button to find FSX, BglComp and Shp2Vec. If the paths are not automatically found then there may be an issue with your registry entries for the SDK.In the ADE application folder from the Start menu there is an application called Owl Tools ADE Environment Checker. If you have not run this then please do so. It checks to see if your setup is able to run ADE successfully. If it gives rise to any problems then we need to get these fixed.
Thanks! I wasn't expecting so prompt a reply. I think there may be an issue with SDK path configuration because I had to fix some of the paths manually after I installed it. I'm new to this./Jason

Thanks! I wasn't expecting so prompt a reply. I think there may be an issue with SDK path configuration because I had to fix some of the paths manually after I installed it. I'm new to this./Jason
No problem. Make sure you path the Shp2Vec.exe is set correctly - ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK\

JasonAs to your error it would seem that you have not specified the path the Shp2Vec.exe This is the program that compiles terrain elements. When you installed ADE you should have gone through the new user wizard. On the Folders page you can click the Find button to find FSX, BglComp and Shp2Vec. If the paths are not automatically found then there may be an issue with your registry entries for the SDK.In the ADE application folder from the Start menu there is an application called Owl Tools ADE Environment Checker. If you have not run this then please do so. It checks to see if your setup is able to run ADE successfully. If it gives rise to any problems then we need to get these fixed.
Jon,I have the same problem. After reading the above message I ran the Owl Tools ADE Environment Checker. It recognizes the FSX path, the FSX SDK path and has checks in the boxes for Registry, RTM and Shp2Vec plus I have the OK to run ADE: FSX. The only box unchecked is the .NET V1.1.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Jon,I have the same problem. After reading the above message I ran the Owl Tools ADE Environment Checker. It recognizes the FSX path, the FSX SDK path and has checks in the boxes for Registry, RTM and Shp2Vec plus I have the OK to run ADE: FSX. The only box unchecked is the .NET V1.1.
Jon,Disregard, I found a path not properly designated. Fixed that and back in business.Mike

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Jon,Disregard, I found a path not properly designated. Fixed that and back in business.Mike
OK - that's good it is sorted out.