Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom3123

RC 4 on a different computer

I would like to run RC4 on a different computer that is not my main FSX system (To say another way- the different computer is not where I have FSX installed) . I have Wideclient installed and working on this different system where I currently run FSC9, Air Hauler and a few other programs. Can I run RC4 my other computer? if so do I need to do anything special to accomplish this? Regards, Tom Anderson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can run RC on a WideClient workstation. In such cases you run in your FS folder makerwys.exe and then on the client run from within RC the scenery rebuild answering 'yes' to the is this a wide client workstation and then enter your network path to your FS folder. Make sure your client computer has full access to your FS host.Some people using ASE have had communication problems with the host due to network communications being slowed down and getting a WideClient/FSUIPC time out code. Your host performance and network performance will affect these.Be sure to have the latest editions of FSUIPC and WideClient installed.You'll find the network RC scenery rebuild procedure in the RC43 manual starting on page 32. (Note - This rebuild procedure only applied to client/host RC installations.)