Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greetings all,I recently installed ASE, and am considering buying REX, because many are recommending adding their graphics. My question is this: How exactly does one use those snapshots? Do they create better cloud formations? Are they used for specific themes? (ie, if I just want to fly using real-time actual weather, what will the snapshots do?) Or, are the snapshots used independently from the "real time" weather, for instance setting up flying under certain predetermined weather conditions? As you can tell, I'm just a bit confused. Any assistance would be appreciated.Many thanks,Ron

Ron - The snapshots are exactly that - a 'snapshot' of a cloud setting that you want to preserve. For example - using REX or FEX or whatever - set up a cloud set that is dark and stormy with high thunderclouds, etc. Save a snapshot of that and call it 'stormy'. Now create another set with light wispy clouds and blue skies and save that as 'sunny'. Repeat with any combinations you desire. You only have to do this once and save the snapshot. Now, when you fly using real weather and you know the weather is 'sunny' you can select that snapshot and have it applied right away. Your other option is to recreate the entire set in REX *each* time you want to load it.So, in short, the snapshot feature is just a neat way of saving and restoring favorite settings quickly. The time concuming part is setting them up initially but after that, it's a breeze.HTH,Vic

Ron,Just to add, when setting up the shapshots, FSX doesn't even need to be running. This saves a bunch of time. Also, no, textures are not going to change as you fly from one weather condition to another. The set you start with will be the set you use for that entire FS session.