Sign in to follow this  
HenkA

Push-back trucks don't work at FSDT Zurich

Hello,I noticed a strange problem with the push-back at FSDT Zurich. I've AES installed, but always let FS2Crew do the push-back. The push-back is carried out by the ground crew, but without the push-back truck. The truck stays at the gate and does not move. It happens only by FSDT Zurich, no other airport shows this behaviour.Possibly a FSDT Zurich issue, possibly some conflict FSDT Zurich <-> FS2Crew????????????Does anyone has any idea about this behaviour???Henk Altena

Hello Henk:I have an "idea" but it may or may not have anything to do with what you are seeing. I very much suspect that what you are seeing has nothing to do withn AES or FS2Crew, neither of which I possess. I fear that it is an FSX puzzle, at least for my ignorance.If you only see this happen at FSDT Zurich, you are already way ahead of me.My experience has been that pushback tugs are a hit or miss piece of equipment at just about any airport. Sometimes there is no tug, sometimes there is one but it is not located in front of the aircraft, and at other times It will be centered somewhere in front of the nose wheel of the bird in question ready to attach and begin the pushback. I have had this happen at the same saved gate, exact same scenario (i.e. KJFK FSDT)where sometimes the tug pushes me back, at other times no matter what I have tried I cannot get one to play fair. I also made a post asking for help as to what controls this function and never got a reply.For example, seeing that you mentioned FSDT LSZH, I chose that location for a try. I selected the PMDG 747 and progressively in order selected the heavy gates one at a time. No tug. I then switched to medium gate locations. My experience has been that at some medium gates there is ample room for a 747 while at others the aircraft is too far forward. Progressively, I had a tug at some gates, but not in front of the bird. At some gates there was no tug displayed. When I got to Gate E29, there was a tug, but it was under the nose of the 747 which was too far forward. When I pressed Shift + P, the tug went under the bird made a U turn, then turned again and connected to the nose wheel at about a 45 degree angle and began to push the plane back. I then tried a smaller aircraft at the same gate (CS757). Multiple tries produced no pushback tug, at least in a position to push me back. I then progressively continued picking the medium gates until I got to Gate E58. Had a tug directly in front of the nose wheel in the right position and it pushed the plane back with no problem. I then selected Gate E58 again. This time the tug was off to the left front of the plane at about a 45 degree angle about 20 feet away. It did not move when I tried the pushback. I then selected Gate E52. Tug was centered about 20 feet directly in front of my nosewell. When shift + P was pressed, the tug moved forward, attached and pushed the plane back just fine. Selected this gate again. The tug was off at a right angle in front of the plane and did not move when pushback was initiated.I wish you luck and hope someone knows what controls tug availability. I have tried with all sliders full right including Land and sea traffic, so it is not that an ample percentage has not been selected.Good luck and keep us posted.RTH

Hello,I noticed a strange problem with the push-back at FSDT Zurich. I've AES installed, but always let FS2Crew do the push-back. The push-back is carried out by the ground crew, but without the push-back truck. The truck stays at the gate and does not move. It happens only by FSDT Zurich, no other airport shows this behaviour.Possibly a FSDT Zurich issue, possibly some conflict FSDT Zurich <-> FS2Crew????????????Does anyone has any idea about this behaviour???Henk Altena

Hello RTH,You are right with your experience that many times there are no push.back trucks at all. I noticed, that most of the times you can have a PB truck by putting the density slider of the airport traffic in the FSX settings all the way to the right.Last night, I made an experiment at LSZH: I took the default FSX Airbus, which don't have FS2Crew support. There was a push-back truck present at the right position. The I asked AES for push-back, and what happened........a second push-back truck appeared and performed the pushback. The first one did not do anyting. I never have this sort of things at Aerosoft's EDDF, EDDM, EDDS, EHAM and other airports. Everything works correctly there.Now you mentioned KJFK. Is this airport perhaps from FSDT too? Could it be a problem with FSDT-airports????Any suggestions, feed-back is much appreciatedHenk Altena

Good Morning Henk (Or whatever time it may be in your part of the world).Yes, I am useing DreamTeam's KJFK. I just tried 31 different gates there selecting the default Airbus, 747, and PMDG 747. Although I have occasionally had a working pushback tug here in the past it was hit or miss with only the vehicle traffic density slider set to only about 10 %. This morning it was 100% miss with all sliders full right.Tried KSEA and KJFK defaults and got a working tug at multiple gates on each try.Then tried LLBG which for me is a third party freeware location. I again got a working tug at multiple gates.I did not realize how seldom I use a default MSFS airport location at least for heavy aircraft.I think you are correct that it is something relative to FSDT locations. It might have been more helpful to post this on their forum, but I would have thought it would get more exposure here. One would think that the key is something simple like the parking brake being set, jetway retraction, or something of the like. However, I sure can't find it nor if it is there, I am afraid I am overlooking the solution in the help documentation.Respectfully:RTH

Hello RTH,You are right with your experience that many times there are no push.back trucks at all. I noticed, that most of the times you can have a PB truck by putting the density slider of the airport traffic in the FSX settings all the way to the right.Last night, I made an experiment at LSZH: I took the default FSX Airbus, which don't have FS2Crew support. There was a push-back truck present at the right position. The I asked AES for push-back, and what happened........a second push-back truck appeared and performed the pushback. The first one did not do anyting. I never have this sort of things at Aerosoft's EDDF, EDDM, EDDS, EHAM and other airports. Everything works correctly there.Now you mentioned KJFK. Is this airport perhaps from FSDT too? Could it be a problem with FSDT-airports????Any suggestions, feed-back is much appreciatedHenk Altena

Hello RTH,Indeed, a post at the FSDT forum was in this case more appropiate. However (sorry to say), but up until now I (and many others) did never got a solution from the forum administrator of FSDT. AES forum could be another possibility. Of course, it could also have something to do with FSX. A couple of weeks ago, I bought FREEZ Zurich LSZH. I will install this add-on instead of FSDT, and look if I can get a normal push-back there.Anyway, thanks for the feed-back.Kind regards from Switzerland (it's evening right now here.Henk Altena