Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

runway ils setting

Hi Guys:Question 1. Could someone give me an idea why if an ils is 109.3 when I try to change the settings on the com it wont let me go below 118.0 what am I doing wrong, 2. Another quick question when I load an fsbuild into co-route in the 747-400 it takes me to the side of the runways but not down the path of one of the runways, been trying to follow youtube tutorials but still not quite getting it, takeoff is fine and it starts following flight plan but when I get there bam I am in the middle of the airport no where to land there, also noticed 747 is not changing to the lower altitudes posted in the fmc and speed is not there either its flying to fast, I have LNAV and VNAV and Auto pilot on - flight director - auto throttle on, thank you.Rich

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich!> "why if an ils is 109.3 when I try to change the settings on the com......"You're trying to tune the ILS on comms radios? You maybe want it to talk you down? :( (Sorry, but the idea conjured up such a great picture in my mind that I couldn't resist asking the question). :( More seriously, try tuning the ILS on the NAV RAD page as Mr. Boeing intended — although if it's in your FMC flight plan, then (when you're getting near your destination) it should autotune anyway, on the 744.Not sure about your runway problem, although some people have found that running the registry repair tool has helped in a scenario where they land parallel to the runway but not necessarily on it.> "also noticed 747 is not changing to the lower altitudes posted in the fmc and speed is not there either its flying to fast......"Well your screen's a bit fuzzy from here, but at a guess it sounds to me as though the lower altitudes and speeds in the flight plan just aren't achievable by the aircraft. Are you giving yourself enough time (and distance) to descend *and* slow down at the same time? Do you get an FMC message saying "Drag required"? Does the problem still occur when using a known good flight plan?Hope that helps a little,Cheers,BrianP.S. Incidentally, on a different topic, here's another gentle hint. :(

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Hi Brian:Some great information and I thank you for helping me going to try your hints out this weekend, have to build my gigabyte extreme mb with an i-970 6 core with 12 gig of dominator 1600 tomorrow yeah oh and the EVGA gtx580 isint to shabby either :) just hope the ram works never have confidenece in that part of the build, never know if they will work, take care. Oh Brian you may have hit on something it was a short flight from boston kbos to Providence kpvd made it short to see if I could get thru a printed tutorial I have hmm good point Brian.Regards, RichRich Sennett

Rich Sennett