Sign in to follow this  
CPC900

Paint Issue - Landing Lights

Ok, I can't figure this one out. When my OUTBD and INBD Landing Lights are on I get this:744issue.jpgIf I only use the OUTBD Landing Lights, it is fine. What have I screwed up with the repaint?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Bruce Wood

Bruce;Looks like you neglected to include the alpha channel for the fuselage texture? It's mostly black with a white glow where the landing lights bounce off the fuslage...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

But shouldn't the alpha have been in all 3 sections of the fuselage when the file was created?! Or did I miss a step somehow/somewhere?!

Bruce Wood

Not sure Bruce...since I don't know exactly how you do your paints. FWIW I save mine as Bitmaps and then add the alpha channel bitmap with DXTBMP before flipping and saving as .dds DXT5.I could be totally wrong but that's where I would start looking :) PS - cool paint btw.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Yeah, I think I must have missed something in the original file, because it only seems to affect the outline of the front fuselage. So I either missed out on the alpha for the front of the plane before cutting and pasting it to the full fuselage, or the night texture is wrong or missing?!? I am getting too old and weary to simplify things anymore :DThanks for the compliment on the paint! :)

Bruce Wood

I am getting too old and weary to simplify things anymore :D
Same here! Good luck getting it sorted out...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

But shouldn't the alpha have been in all 3 sections of the fuselage when the file was created?! Or did I miss a step somehow/somewhere?!
Hi Bruce,Correct! The alpha file is one file that covers the entire aircraft. I suspect there is a problem with the Lightmap file. Look at the file with the _LM or _L for the fuselage textures.You didn't say whether this was an FS2004 or FSX repaint and whether you were using the PMDG paintkit or not? If it's FSX and can try and help you out. A couple of screenshots of the alpha fie and lightmap file would be useful.Also, is this effect on both sides or just one side?RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Sorry, it was using the PMDG paintkit for FSX. And it affects both sides of the fuselage.Here is the _LM filepmdg744_LM.jpg

Bruce Wood

Sorry, it was using the PMDG paintkit for FSX. And it affects both sides of the fuselage.Here is the _LM filepmdg744_LM.jpg
Bruce;Does the alpha channel of your fuselage texture look like this?

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Nope :DOk, I see what happened now! Thanks for shedding the light on me! :(

Bruce Wood

Happy to help. BTW I believe I have your 757 paint on my system (Empress of something I forget LOL)...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Thank you, but I always have to give Frank Idone credit for getting me started with CP Air repaints. He is the best at it. If Frank is ever reading this.....Thanks Bud! :D

Bruce Wood