Sign in to follow this  
paulhd

Lost green and red buttons!

Hi BryanI have recently lost my red & and green buttons using my Saitek Pro Flight yoke. Everything was working perfectly using the 5&6 yoke buttons then it stopped working. No changes, no new drivers installed, just lost the yoke control for these two buttons. The keyboard works fine and i can assign the 5&6 buttons to do other tasks in Fs9 so i know they are working ok, but it will not control the red & green button function anymore.Ive reset the start center with no luck. I have looked at the panel CFG and it shows the following.gauge01=fs2crew\MD11\dcrew0!dcrew0, 10,10,10,10, Gx4A Rx4E GBUTTON2 RBUTTON3 This is strange because the start center is showing default joystick buttons 3&4. I have updated the directx and yoke drivers mentioned in other posts but this has made no difference. I cannot for the life of me think what has changed and it's frustrating me. Please help!!!Thanks Paul

Hi BryanI have recently lost my red & and green buttons using my Saitek Pro Flight yoke. Everything was working perfectly using the 5&6 yoke buttons then it stopped working. No changes, no new drivers installed, just lost the yoke control for these two buttons. The keyboard works fine and i can assign the 5&6 buttons to do other tasks in Fs9 so i know they are working ok, but it will not control the red & green button function anymore.Ive reset the start center with no luck. I have looked at the panel CFG and it shows the following.gauge01=fs2crew\MD11\dcrew0!dcrew0, 10,10,10,10, Gx4A Rx4E GBUTTON2 RBUTTON3 This is strange because the start center is showing default joystick buttons 3&4. I have updated the directx and yoke drivers mentioned in other posts but this has made no difference. I cannot for the life of me think what has changed and it's frustrating me. Please help!!!Thanks Paul
Hi Paul,2 and 3 is in actual use fact 3 and 4.I know it's confusing but that's the way it is (code wise).Try manuall changing the numbers in the panel.cfgGBUTTON2 RBUTTON3to:GBUTTON4 RBUTTON5However, you shouldn't have to do that. The Start Center should do it for you.The only way the Start Center wouldn't update your panel.cfg is because UAC is blocking the Start Center's attempt to save to the Program Files folder.Try running the Start Center as an Admin and ensure UAC is disabled.Cheers,

Hi BryanThanks for your reply. I have checked UAC and it's off (turned it off a long time ago!). I have reset the start center then re-assigned 5&6 and the CFG now shows;gauge01=fs2crew\MD11\dcrew0!dcrew0, 10,10,1,1, Gx4A Rx4E GBUTTON4 RBUTTON5 Fired up Fs9 and still not working. Checked my PMDG747 & LDS767 and both work fine with same buttons. Why just the MD11? I can't figure it out. I can assigned the buttons to other FS tasks no problem.Paul

Hi BryanJust to let you know I solved my issue by retreiving a backup and replacing the dcrew0 gauge. I don't know what happened to make the gauge corrupt, but after two days of trial and error it was the last possible cause. Thanks for your help.Paul