Sign in to follow this  

Testing her out

So I'm flying my 747-8 in the Sunrise livery, replicating Boeing'd flight testing. So naturally I have an engine out, the another flight I make sure that the emergency manual gear and flaps deployment is working, and of course, flying into KSFO, it took me 45 minutes from the to properly vector me into the airport, after coming from Boeing Field KBFI (yes that's where thr first landing was) I had a 45-minute reserve and being IFR with a visual appraoch and lots of planes going in I had almost no fuel left so I'm ###### those controllers right now!!!

Inactive

Yes. The best of which would be VATSIM. There's no way it would take me 45 minutes to vector you into a field. Even on a busy day, with one runway, it's not going to happen.

Kyle Rodgers

Hmm maybe I'll try that. Well I don't know, one time they did vector to final on me into KATL in my 757 and they sent me in ILS into a runway with a 777 coming my way.Also pretty annoying hand flying it because of my flight testing replication....

Inactive

Is there anything else for add-ons for ATC that doesn't require online connection, I don't like the idea of VATSIM

Inactive

Radar Contact programs.Why do you not like the concept of VATSIM? No matter what ATC program you use, you will never get anywhere near the realism of VATSIM. What is the aversion? I'm just curious.

Kyle Rodgers

Radar Contact programs.Why do you not like the concept of VATSIM? No matter what ATC program you use, you will never get anywhere near the realism of VATSIM. What is the aversion? I'm just curious.
May be afraid of being put in a hold over Linden until I-66 looks like a friendly landing site... For me, anything I can't pause is a no go. Maybe when I retire...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

May be afraid of being put in a hold over Linden until I-66 looks like a friendly landing site...For me, anything I can't pause is a no go. Maybe when I retire...
Fair enough. I wasn't saying you're wrong. I was just curious.For what it's worth, on VATSIM, you can ask for a pause. If the controller declines (most likely because they're realism snobs, like me, or there's someone right behind you), they'll advise a pause, disconnect, and ask for a time when you'll be back (so I know to block off that airspace around that time for when you log back on).I've heard that Radar Contact (RC) is a decent program though.

Kyle Rodgers

I've heard that Radar Contact (RC) is a decent program though.
Does it handle AI traffic? I heard it only does you and then puts in its own generated content.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Does it handle AI traffic? I heard it only does you and then puts in its own generated content.
I'm a VATSIMmer, so I never bothered with the program. Anyone use RC?

Kyle Rodgers