Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Asus P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1)?

Searching for some driver on Asus website, I typed "P8P67 Pro" into the searchbox, and it gave me two results...P8P67 PRO and P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1)Does anyone know what's this about? Is Asus making new boards as it seems they can't get this current one (3.0) to work well?

Hmm, that´s interesting. I´m planning with an P67 Pro MOBO but AFAIK they´re sold out at alternate.de. Haven´t you mentioned problems with your board in your building thread? I hope ASUS gets all problems fixed till I buy mine.

The problems seem to be originating from RAM, which I got replaced, together with the mobo, and still the same problem!And I can't run MemTest successfully.So, G.Skill Ripjaws is on the way, which is certified for SB AND this mainboard, will keep you posted how it works out (keep an eye on the thread)!

I´ll have an eye on your thread since day one cause I´ll have to do the same when I get my SB. :smile:What RAM do you currently use or had you used? I plan to get 4 GB of Mushkin Blackine 1600Mhz. Hopefully they will work as inteded. I´ve seen in your sig that you use an external sound card. Is it useful to get one If I just wanna use my normal speakers and my headset or is the inbuild soundcard suffice?

You've got that right LOL.gifI am right now using Corsair CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 (8GB CL9 2000, running at 1866/1600/1333 depending what's stable, since it really isn't, but wanted 2133) and getting G.Skill F3-17000CL9D-8GBXL.External for me, all the way:- sound quality- can put music to my audiophile card, which has the best sound- rest goes to SB, which is totally OK, but audiophile kills it nevertheless- headset is separate, USB connected, basically a 3rd audio cardThen I have a small mixer on the table (see my room pic, the black covered thing left from the monitor):- this way I can change the volume on the fly, from both sources and main- connect headphones and mix the two sources as I like (especially loving this when in-game, and playing winamp music, I can control the volume without turning to windows)USB headset- because it's independat from both soundcards, obviously- it's hanging on the laptop anyway for simming, or main for starcraft2Depending on the quality of your speakers, will or won't you be satisfied with the sound quality. Better speakers represent sound better, thus giving you crap sound on the internal card.I don't like internal at all, usually very bad sound on my (couple-of-thou)-speakers. Not even SB really cracks them...If you have a normal 3,5-headset, then additional card would give you an option to keep it apart from windows sounds.Or get a headset with USB. That way you already get a 2nd soundcard.

Hmm, maybe I´ll get such an card if there´s soemthing left over from the update. (Or should I get some planes for this new system? I dunno:)Anyways I´ve just seen on alternate.de that they can´t deliver the P8P67 PRO for an unexpetabe time. Maybe some problems regarding Japan? So could you tell me some alternatives which are availabe or has this board no alternative? I´ve heard of Gigabite or MSI but I have only a bit of experience with Asus board. So I don´t know much about comparable boards.

Hi Word Not Allowed,it's an upgraded rev. 3.0 (with new B3 chipset). As you probably noticed, some early REV 3 Pro's had 1.01 or 1.03 on their PCB. So rev. 3.1 is a production version with all fixes.Why so confusing - below is an answer I found on hardforum.com :" ... They probably reused the same board and just fixed what needed to be fixed. Mobo makers usually do that instead of throwing away mobos that are already produced every time there is a revision. They just put a sticker over the revision number with the new revision. "hope this helps, greets, Peter

Well, mine came with a big sticker over PCI slots saying Revision 3.0. And I still have problems with the board.I wonder if I have to go exchanging it again...