Sign in to follow this  
dewie93

No interraction with AI and still getting default ATC

Hey everyone, i'm new here and I come baring a hopefully relatively simple problem. I got RC ages ago and after a recent installation on my new Win 7 Ultimate 64bit system i'v come across this unusual problem that i'v not had before. RC seems to have no recognition of my AI traffic (supplied by WOAI) and the default FS2004 ATC continues as usual. All the necessary bottons are ticked; such as 'interact with AI' but it doesn't seem to do anything. It seems to have no knowlede of my AI, which ended up in a few close calls as I was taxxing and RC giving me directions to position and hold whilst I was 5 aircraft back in a departure queue. Another peice of info I also would like is how to update the airports database for runway numbers. For example, at EGCC (Manchester/Ringway Intl) my local airport, a couple of years back the runway numbers were changed from 06L/R and 24L/R to 05L/R and 23L/R howevery RC still uses the old 06 and 24 designations. Hopefully someone can come to my rescue, can't wait to get back flying!

You need a new version of RC now at 4.3.0.3845. Send an e-mail to jd@jdtllc.com with your original order information - e-mail address you ordered under and user name at that time and he will provide a download link in e-mail. Ask him to change to your current e-mail address in the records so you can register automatically. It might help to provide your original order date and if your original order was CD or download. Be sure jdtllc.com is allowed to pass through your ISP and your SPAM filters.Once you get the download completed (make a safe copy of it) and placed in a folder (it is highly recommended that you not place the RC folder under any Program Files folder) run the .exe by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Admin if in VISTA or Win 7. It should open up a registration window that will show you a product number after grinding away to expand some files. You can choose to let it create an e-mail for you with all of the information in it including a specific address, subject, product number including any '-'s, all in the body separated by spaces and '!' points. Print a copy of that e-mail for your records. Send it off and providing there are no storms passing through Atlanta, Georgia, you should get an automatic response in a few minutes unless the auto-reply server is down for maintenance.In the registration screen copy/paste the registration code in the proper place being sure to remove any leading or trailing space characters that sometimes results in the copy/paste operation. Be sure you enter the correct path for FS (you might want to highlight the path and copy/paste it into a .txt file you create and save for future use) when the initial scenery rebuild starts. If the fails don't worry at this time.Now go to the links in the FSUIPC and makerwys.exe update topic at the forum head. Get and install those. Read the procedural hints I've placed in there. Then create a shortcut to RC and set in its security properties to run as admin, then start RC from the shortcut. . Enter the correct paths for FS flight plan files (down in your My Documents folder under a Flight Simulator ?? folder) that also stores your .flt/wxr files. With the new makerws.exe installed run the scenery rebuild again. Wait a few seconds after the final processing confirmation (created a4.csv). Restart RC and it should be ready for you to use after setting the options page to Interact with AI and AI Chatter. PreRecorded AI and Display Text should be unchecked for best performance.If you have registration or other problems reply in this thread. Please read the 713 and 75 error threads at the forum head which concern how to register missing .dlls and how security add-ons can keep RC from accessing you FS information.Welcome back :)

It is difficult to change runway numbers in the default base FS scenery files which can dominate airport scenery. RC builds its scenery database from your installed scenery. The newest version of makerwys.exe contains improvements dealing with some add-on airport scenery priority problems. For editing scenery afcad type properties in either FSX or FS9 I recommend the freeware ADE9X for a safer edit or the payware AFX.ADE9X is described at http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/ which can link you to the download page. Download the version for your FS version along with the user guide and some tutorials. When installing it on VISTA or Win 7 once again keep it out of Program Files and set a shortcut up to it with the properties set to run as admin. It operates similar to AFCAD for these purposes. You can load an AF2 or AFX or other type afd file directly into it using file/load airport directly from .bgl and navigating to it. If it does not load then try another .bgl file in that scenery folder. If you have more than one add-on afd type file for add-on scenery or installed by a traffic program you might want to rename the .bgl to .bgh so the afd file in your added airport folder dominates. When done making the changes in the .bgl you click File/Compile and hope there are no errors. ADE9X is pretty good at limiting the changes you can make to stay within the FS standards for scenery. There is more to renumbering runways discussed on their support forum at fsdeveloper.com. You have to register there even to browse. Please search that forum before asking a question so you are not getting redundant information.The new FSUIPC and RC build should take care of recognizing AI.One step at a time :)

Another peice of info I also would like is how to update the airports database for runway numbers. For example, at EGCC (Manchester/Ringway Intl) my local airport, a couple of years back the runway numbers were changed from 06L/R and 24L/R to 05L/R and 23L/R howevery RC still uses the old 06 and 24 designations.
Hi Dewie,I've had a look through the AvSim AFCAD library for a replacement file but there aren't any for the default FS9 scenery. Dud you know Gary Summons has created a new Xtreme Manchester compatible with FS9 and FSX? This is superb scenery and the latest update caters for the A380 at Gate 11 and of course has the new runway designators.You can get it here http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page30.html

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok, one more answer. In your FS settings for sound turn down your ATC volume to avoid hearing RC and FS ATC. Rc's AI Chatter and Interact with AI will taker care of you hearing comms on the same comm 1 frequency. Some AI chatter in certain situations is not rendered to keep performance up for the higher priority RC ATC chatter.

Thanks for your quick and informative replies guys! really helpful!

You need a new version of RC now at 4.3.0.3845. Send an e-mail to jd@jdtllc.com with your original order information - e-mail address you ordered under and user name at that time and he will provide a download link in e-mail. Ask him to change to your current e-mail address in the records so you can register automatically. It might help to provide your original order date and if your original order was CD or download. Be sure jdtllc.com is allowed to pass through your ISP and your SPAM filters.Once you get the download completed (make a safe copy of it) and placed in a folder (it is highly recommended that you not place the RC folder under any Program Files folder) run the .exe by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Admin if in VISTA or Win 7. It should open up a registration window that will show you a product number after grinding away to expand some files. You can choose to let it create an e-mail for you with all of the information in it including a specific address, subject, product number including any '-'s, all in the body separated by spaces and '!' points. Print a copy of that e-mail for your records. Send it off and providing there are no storms passing through Atlanta, Georgia, you should get an automatic response in a few minutes unless the auto-reply server is down for maintenance.In the registration screen copy/paste the registration code in the proper place being sure to remove any leading or trailing space characters that sometimes results in the copy/paste operation. Be sure you enter the correct path for FS (you might want to highlight the path and copy/paste it into a .txt file you create and save for future use) when the initial scenery rebuild starts. If the fails don't worry at this time.Now go to the links in the FSUIPC and makerwys.exe update topic at the forum head. Get and install those. Read the procedural hints I've placed in there. Then create a shortcut to RC and set in its security properties to run as admin, then start RC from the shortcut. . Enter the correct paths for FS flight plan files (down in your My Documents folder under a Flight Simulator ?? folder) that also stores your .flt/wxr files. With the new makerws.exe installed run the scenery rebuild again. Wait a few seconds after the final processing confirmation (created a4.csv). Restart RC and it should be ready for you to use after setting the options page to Interact with AI and AI Chatter. PreRecorded AI and Display Text should be unchecked for best performance.If you have registration or other problems reply in this thread. Please read the 713 and 75 error threads at the forum head which concern how to register missing .dlls and how security add-ons can keep RC from accessing you FS information.Welcome back :)
AFter reading this I remembered I had saved all the RC updates I got on some external hard drives for backups, and a large amount of digging around turned up the 4.3 that I couldn't find, installed it and all is well now! RC seems to be communicating with my AI and its all working wonderfully on the communications front. Loving it all again!!Big%20Grin.gif Although acctually read through again and realised I need to do the scenery rebuild!
Hi Dewie,I've had a look through the AvSim AFCAD library for a replacement file but there aren't any for the default FS9 scenery. Dud you know Gary Summons has created a new Xtreme Manchester compatible with FS9 and FSX? This is superb scenery and the latest update caters for the A380 at Gate 11 and of course has the new runway designators.You can get it here http://www.uk2000sce...les/Page30.html
I bought Manchester Xtreme along with liverpool, Gatwick, Bristol, Birmingham and Belfast the other day whilst I was in hospital (Hooked up to drips and the like... I thought I deserved a treat Angel.gif fantastic sceneries arent they!? Didn't install RC whilst I was in there as I only had the installers on an external hard drive at home (my newer external than the one than the 4.3 update was on strangely, must have run out of room on the new one when I was backing up!) but I was eager to get flying with RC and went strait for EGCC... Thats when I realised that it was still announcing 06/24 instead of the 05/23 during taxi although the scenery and everything is set to 05/23. However... after ignoring that for a short flight down to heathrow, I heard another AI aircraft announce they were approaching Manchester for runway 05R arrival... Odd.
Ok, one more answer. In your FS settings for sound turn down your ATC volume to avoid hearing RC and FS ATC. Rc's AI Chatter and Interact with AI will taker care of you hearing comms on the same comm 1 frequency. Some AI chatter in certain situations is not rendered to keep performance up for the higher priority RC ATC chatter.
Awesome, thats sorted that problem! Party.gifLooks like im nearly sorted again! Thanks for all your help guys! 'preciate it!

Using version 4.41 or later of makerwys.exe should have taken care of the EGCC problem. After you found and installed RC did you install the latest versions of FSUIPC and makerwys.exe as noted in the pinned topic. Did you then rerun the RC scenery rebuild?. Did WOAI install a different AFCAD at higher priority than EGCC? makerwys like FS will use the same scenery priority as FS.You did not state your version of FS. If it is FS9 then you can use AFCAD2.21 from the FS9 utility section in the libs here as a scanner to locate afcad type files. Do an open airport and let it build its scenery database. Then do a search for EGCC.You'll find a stock (default layer) and then a layer from EGCC extreme and maybe another layer from WOAI. To check each file, open each layer above the stock. If it shows runways then do file/properties to get its location. Then do List/runways to see how they are numbered. Some layers may not show taxiways and runways and serve another purpose. For this discussion only layers showing runways are relevant.If you have more than one layer looking very similar with runways and taxiways then note the one in your EGCC Extreme folder path and the other one. If the runways in EGCC Xtreme are correct and the other one is not, go to the indicated folder of the other one and rename that file extension to .bgh to disable it. Start FS9 so the scenery index is rebuilt then close it. Start RC and do the scenery rebuild to create new runway data.RC will now recognize the runways in that layer as highest priority. As far as FS AI they may not recognize the new runway designations and the AI chatter will use the old designations. It depends if the EGCC afd layer or another one made a change to exclude the runway numbers in the FS default APxxxxx.bgl files.It is complicated. In that Airport Design Editor support forum on FSdeveloper.com do a search on runway renumbering to see if you can do anything with ADE9X for AI using its approach editor. The EGCC Xtreme developer may already have done something using his tools but his layers must have top priority in the FS scenery library.

... but I was eager to get flying with RC and went strait for EGCC... Thats when I realised that it was still announcing 06/24 instead of the 05/23 during taxi although the scenery and everything is set to 05/23. However... after ignoring that for a short flight down to heathrow, I heard another AI aircraft announce they were approaching Manchester for runway 05R arrival... Odd.
I can't explain why you would get such a mixture of runways at EGCC but if you follow Ronzie's advice and rebuild your database that problem should disappear.Yes, all of Gary's work is first class. Glad you're such a fan. Happy flying now that you're out of hospital. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Using version 4.41 or later of makerwys.exe should have taken care of the EGCC problem. After you found and installed RC did you install the latest versions of FSUIPC and makerwys.exe as noted in the pinned topic. Did you then rerun the RC scenery rebuild?. Did WOAI install a different AFCAD at higher priority than EGCC? makerwys like FS will use the same scenery priority as FS.You did not state your version of FS. If it is FS9 then you can use AFCAD2.21 from the FS9 utility section in the libs here as a scanner to locate afcad type files. Do an open airport and let it build its scenery database. Then do a search for EGCC.You'll find a stock (default layer) and then a layer from EGCC extreme and maybe another layer from WOAI. To check each file, open each layer above the stock. If it shows runways then do file/properties to get its location. Then do List/runways to see how they are numbered. Some layers may not show taxiways and runways and serve another purpose. For this discussion only layers showing runways are relevant.If you have more than one layer looking very similar with runways and taxiways then note the one in your EGCC Extreme folder path and the other one. If the runways in EGCC Xtreme are correct and the other one is not, go to the indicated folder of the other one and rename that file extension to .bgh to disable it. Start FS9 so the scenery index is rebuilt then close it. Start RC and do the scenery rebuild to create new runway data.RC will now recognize the runways in that layer as highest priority. As far as FS AI they may not recognize the new runway designations and the AI chatter will use the old designations. It depends if the EGCC afd layer or another one made a change to exclude the runway numbers in the FS default APxxxxx.bgl files.It is complicated. In that Airport Design Editor support forum on FSdeveloper.com do a search on runway renumbering to see if you can do anything with ADE9X for AI using its approach editor. The EGCC Xtreme developer may already have done something using his tools but his layers must have top priority in the FS scenery library.
Sorted the EGCC problem now, forgot to run makerwys.exe so thats all lovely jubly. Thanks for all your help! I was using FS9 - I stated I was running FS2004 in my first post but never mind Batting%20Eyelashes.gif
I can't explain why you would get such a mixture of runways at EGCC but if you follow Ronzie's advice and rebuild your database that problem should disappear.Yes, all of Gary's work is first class. Glad you're such a fan. Happy flying now that you're out of hospital. :(
I was confused too to be honest! Didn't really think that was possible. Could have been me mishearing an auto-recorded AI chatter like it was one of the acctual AI's flying around. My HQ 2.1 speaker system is currently nackered so I'm using my standard laptop speakers - although good quality for a laptop (and I should hope so for £699!!) its still not completely clear which is pre-recorded rolleyes.gif Its fantastic the quality of work. I live locally to manchester like yourself (although I'm up towards Preston) but I regurlaly come down to have a good spotting session, I love the fact I can get the same angles and views I do in real life on Flightsim. Such detail and hard work Gary puts into it. Have you seen Liverpool? Its a stunningly up-to-date scenery! You may have recently seen the adverts for the Fiat 500 Twin-air on TV which only aired a couple of weeks ago, but Gary has got the same advert on the Billboards outside the terminal! Applause.gifAnyway enough of my blabbering. Thanks all of you for your quick and informative advice and help! I really appreciate it.Peace out Peace.gifJordan

Don't forget:Unless you have RC on a network client with an FS host, you do not run makerwys.exe directly. Just start the scenery rebuild from within RC so it gets the data generated in the FS folder and copies it back also generating one more file in RC's own folder.

Sorted the EGCC problem now, forgot to run makerwys.exe so thats all lovely jubly. Thanks for all your help! I was using FS9 - I stated I was running FS2004 in my first post but never mind Batting%20Eyelashes.gif
They're one and the same thing Dewie. :(
. I live locally to manchester like yourself (although I'm up towards Preston) but I regurlaly come down to have a good spotting session, I love the fact I can get the same angles and views I do in real life on Flightsim. Such detail and hard work Gary puts into it. Have you seen Liverpool? Its a stunningly up-to-date scenery!
I don't go to the Runway Viewing Park as often these days because of the enormous hike in parking prices. Talk about killing the goose that lays the golden egg! I don't have Liverpool yet but once the autumn arrives and FS gets used more it's a distinct probability.Incidentally if you switch on Pre-recorded chatter for fights into / out of EGCC you'll hear recordings I made a few years ago but they still add to the atmosphere.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather