Sign in to follow this  
rrv1988

JS41 "Digital" Speed Cards

Cancel last, you can do it this way I just did not have .net 4.0
It's working fine? I assume you also installed SimConnect on the remote machine but not configured it to remotely connect to FSX?If it still isn't working I can upload a version which doesn't require SimConnect at all... I might just work on that as the next version for the application. Making the SimConnect dependency be optional that is.

I am having a problem with this great app. It seems to connect to FSX OK but when I hit the "load no-ice takeoff" button, the V speeds change for a moment then immediately revert to their prior settings. This problem does not happen with the landing settings. Any ideas?Charlie Felix - KSBP

Could you give me the steps that lead to that issue so I can try and recreate it?

Thank you for this great enhancement and for sharing this with us.I also like to run the app on a remote pc, but when I start it on the remote pc, it stops with an error.Other simconnect-instances are working well (f.e. plan-g, squawkbox, ...). Will it be possible to run itremote in future ?Thanks & Regards,Stephan

Could you give me the steps that lead to that issue so I can try and recreate it?
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Here is my sequence:
  1. Start FSX (SP2).
  2. Load default flight.
  3. Load JS4100
  4. Go to "Window Mode" (ALT+Enter).
  5. Start DSC (shows "connected to FSX").
  6. Return to "Full Screen" mode.
  7. In "Addons", select "JS41 Speed Card".
  8. Select "Takeoff Calc (No-Ice).
  9. Calculated Speeds are shown (header says "... with Anti-Ice whether Ice or No-Ice are selected).
  10. Select "Set Speeds".
  11. DSC says speeds should be 111,111,115,131,145.
  12. Speeds change to 81,45,50,55 (these numbers varies with different attempts).
  13. With landing speeds, header always shows "No-Icing" even when Ice is selected.
  14. In my original post I said that landing speeds were set correctly but I was wrong. Random numbers are set as with takeoff.

My system: Windows 7 (64 Bit), E8600 CPU, 4MB RAM.Charlie Felix

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Here is my sequence:
  1. Start FSX (SP2).
  2. Load default flight.
  3. Load JS4100
  4. Go to "Window Mode" (ALT+Enter).
  5. Start DSC (shows "connected to FSX").
  6. Return to "Full Screen" mode.
  7. In "Addons", select "JS41 Speed Card".
  8. Select "Takeoff Calc (No-Ice).
  9. Calculated Speeds are shown (header says "... with Anti-Ice whether Ice or No-Ice are selected).
  10. Select "Set Speeds".
  11. DSC says speeds should be 111,111,115,131,145.
  12. Speeds change to 81,45,50,55 (these numbers varies with different attempts).
  13. With landing speeds, header always shows "No-Icing" even when Ice is selected.
  14. In my original post I said that landing speeds were set correctly but I was wrong. Random numbers are set as with takeoff.

Charlie,I was not able to recreate the speed setting issues, but I am getting the incorrect labels on the FSX message boxes. I'll work on that when I get some free time sometime this week.In regards to the speed setting issue, are you changing the numbers before launching the application?Could you also try launch the application before you launch FSX and tell me what happens then?Thank you again for the response and for helping me debug my application. :)

I tried running the app prior to loading FSX but it was still loading what seem to be random numbers rather than the calculated speeds shown in the app. Also, I am not changing any of the load parameters prior to loading the app. Thanks for your help.Charlie Felix

I tried running the app prior to loading FSX but it was still loading what seem to be random numbers rather than the calculated speeds shown in the app. Also, I am not changing any of the load parameters prior to loading the app. Thanks for your help.
Strange... I'm not able to reproduce that issue at all. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Strange... I'm not able to reproduce that issue at all. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
I just tried a uninstall/reinstall with no change. Even though the app is showing the right numbers, when it transfers to the JS4100 the numbers are strange (some TO speeds even over 250!). I don't know if this makes any difference but I have FSX installed on my G: drive rather than C:. Charlie Felix

What a FANTASTIC little proggie you've made available for us prop drivers. Love it! Thanks so much.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

I `ve had an Error when I positioned at Lugano LSZA (Switzerland):The Tool says, that it is unable to calculate. The fields in the gui went red: "temperature=15" and the "elevation=915" (i guess).When I tried to disable the automatic data reading from fsx the tool crashes.Regards Stephan

I just tried a uninstall/reinstall with no change. Even though the app is showing the right numbers, when it transfers to the JS4100 the numbers are strange (some TO speeds even over 250!). I don't know if this makes any difference but I have FSX installed on my G: drive rather than C:. Charlie Felix
I had that happen to me before, but that was because the initial values for the IAS Bug were not the default 40, 45, 50, 55. If they aren't that when you launch the application then you get those completely off numbers.
I `ve had an Error when I positioned at Lugano LSZA (Switzerland):The Tool says, that it is unable to calculate. The fields in the gui went red: "temperature=15" and the "elevation=915" (i guess).When I tried to disable the automatic data reading from fsx the tool crashes.Regards Stephan
I'll try and recreate that issue tonight since that should be well with in the range of the PMDG speed cards for the JS41. Do you use any weather addons?

I'll try and recreate that issue tonight since that should be well with in the range of the PMDG speed cards for the JS41. Do you use any weather addons?
Yes: it happened at an online-flight with active-sky and sqwakbox (running on a remote PC). I will try it without the other tools...Regards,Stephan

I have exactly the same problem as Stephan, only with the JS4100 on LOWW. Temp 15C and elavation 600ft in red.I hope there will be a solution for this problem, because this is a very handy tool.Werner Verwaal

Tried it in LSZA without any third party tool and it was working fine. Then I tuned the temperature manually inside FSX and when fsx exaclty hits the 15°C and the present aircraft altitude it seems to malfunction.In addition the application crashes, when I try to uncheck the checkbox "Auto Get Data"I can restart and away from 15°C it is working again.Hope this helps.And yes : thank you again. Rock on, this is a great tool ! :(