Sign in to follow this  
rrv1988

JS41 "Digital" Speed Cards

I've been using the PMDG Jetstream 41 for a while, and after many varying flights I thought to myself "I should write an application to that will give me the VSpeeds for varying weights" (I'm lazy :(). My first attempt was to write it in Python bot I got distracted by school and life and completely forgot about it. However recently the idea struck me again and I've been learning C# and finally wrote what I intended.releaseVersion.PNGI wrote a small application that will return the VSpeeds of the JS41 for a specified gross weight, elevation, and temperature (based on the data provided in the AOM). It also takes into account if you have Anti-Ice on.If you have FSX running and the PMDG JS41 as your selected aircraft (the application was written specifically for the PMDG JS41) there will be a menu added under "Add-ons" which you can take advantage of and can select what flaps, if there is icing, and whether you want take off or landing speeds. (The below image is slightly out of date, but still shows the menu options)nextbest2.PNGIf you the aforementioned menu the application will popup a window in FSX. If you wish for it to attempt to set the VSpeeds automagically™ it will and will keep track of them, even after takeoff (where V1/VR reset). Just a note, do not change the bugs from their initial values and then launch the application as the data will be out of sync between the two (I have no way of retrieving the speeds set, I can just make a really close estimate).The application will also alert you if you are over or underweight and if you are trying to takeoff at too high an elevation or too hot or too cold a temperature.Without further ado, the application (The application requires .NET 4.0 and SimConnect SP2 to be installed).Please let me know if there is anything missing, any issues you discover while flying with it, and any features you think might improve my application.Hope you all enjoy. :)Edit: Fixed the installer.

Wow this is great!Very nice. I'm sure people will find this extremely useful. Personally I use FS2Crew with the J41 so my FO inputs all the vspeeds using the SDK and I double check the numbers with the paper speed cards from the center pedestal, but for solo pilots this will be nice.

I've been using the PMDG Jetstream 41 for a while, and after many varying flights I thought to myself "I should write an application to that will give me the VSpeeds for varying weights" (I'm lazy :(). My first attempt was to write it in Python bot I got distracted by school and life and completely forgot about it. However recently the idea struck me again and I've been learning C# and finally wrote what I intended.releaseVersion.PNGI wrote a small application that will return the VSpeeds of the JS41 for a specified gross weight, elevation, and temperature (based on the data provided in the AOM). It also takes into account if you have Anti-Ice on.If you have FSX running and the PMDG JS41 as your selected aircraft (the application was written specifically for the PMDG JS41) there will be a menu added under "Add-ons" which you can take advantage of and can select what flaps, if there is icing, and whether you want take off or landing speeds. (The below image is slightly out of date, but still shows the menu options)nextbest2.PNGIf you the aforementioned menu the application will popup a window in FSX. If you wish for it to attempt to set the VSpeeds automagically™ it will and will keep track of them, even after takeoff (where V1/VR reset). Just a note, do not change the bugs from their initial values and then launch the application as the data will be out of sync between the two (I have no way of retrieving the speeds set, I can just make a really close estimate).The application will also alert you if you are over or underweight and if you are trying to takeoff at too high an elevation or too hot or too cold a temperature.Without further ado, the application (The application requires .NET 4.0 and SimConnect SP2 to be installed).Please let me know if there is anything missing, any issues you discover while flying with it, and any features you think might improve my application.Hope you all enjoy. :)Edit: Fixed the installer.
Hi,Looks good I will try tonight.Thanks.Eric

Awesome, this gets my vote for the best freeware add on for a pmdg product.Tom Bergman

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Wow this is great!Very nice. I'm sure people will find this extremely useful. Personally I use FS2Crew with the J41 so my FO inputs all the vspeeds using the SDK and I double check the numbers with the paper speed cards from the center pedestal, but for solo pilots this will be nice.
Thank you, and yeah it was my intention to ease the workload a tad bit during preflight and landing
Awesome, this gets my vote for the best freeware add on for a pmdg product.
Thank you! You've made me smile and I swear I felt my ego grow a bit larger!

rrv1988Your digital speed card calculation was just 1 or 2 knots difference on the V-Speeds with a previous flight I did without your card.Thanks for taking the time to give the guys added help.Jack Hancock

rrv1988Your digital speed card calculation was just 1 or 2 knots difference on the V-Speeds with a previous flight I did without your card.Thanks for taking the time to give the guys added help.Jack Hancock
Jack,Thank you for the kind words. Just a quick question out of curiosity about the flight, was the flight at an elevation and temperature that'd require a V1/VRcorrection, as that might have been a reason for the calculated speed differences. Or did you mean over different weights?

Thank you for your effort to enhance my(and surely others) flightsim experience - and sharing it!!!!!!!!Sincerely appreciated!

Jack,Thank you for the kind words. Just a quick question out of curiosity about the flight, was the flight at an elevation and temperature that'd require a V1/VRcorrection, as that might have been a reason for the calculated speed differences. Or did you mean over different weights?
I'm sorry, my concentration wasen't 100% when I was preparing the flight. My Brother was bending my ear over his latest girl friend. I think there was a difference in Gross Weights because of the different taxi/fuel entries.I'll try to do a more through prep but I'm sure your programming is correct.Thanks again.Jack Hancock

Sweet!! Can't wait to get home in the morning and try this!!! Thank you so much for putting this together :D

Chancy Law

I concur!This program works great....i'm gonna start being lazy with all my V speeds in other aircraft now!!! Aghhh!!Many thanks mate!Patrick H

Thank you all for the kind words! If any of you see anything that needs to improved or any features you think would improve the application, please don't hesitate to request them. :)

First of all thank you, also is it possible to run this utility outside of fsx? like on a different pc? I don't like going to the menu bar during a flight. Just wondering, thanks again.

Cancel last, you can do it this way I just did not have .net 4.0