Sign in to follow this  
bsavo

How to get my BAe 4100 to a cold and dark cockpit

I am new to turbo props. Most of the other aircraft can be programed for a cold and dark cockpit. My cockpit on starting flight sim X has both engines turning over but no ignition takes place because the fuel pumps are off. the batteries are on and the generator are on. The props are not feathered and there is no APU there at the moment. I shut down as quickly as possibly to keep temps down. Any advice on how to keep the engines from turning over. Thank you Bob Savo

I am new to turbo props. Most of the other aircraft can be programed for a cold and dark cockpit. My cockpit on starting flight sim X has both engines turning over but no ignition takes place because the fuel pumps are off. the batteries are on and the generator are on. The props are not feathered and there is no APU there at the moment. I shut down as quickly as possibly to keep temps down. Any advice on how to keep the engines from turning over. Thank you Bob Savo
Bob,Use the cold and dark training mission then move the a/c to whichever location you are going to fly out of. There is also a script which floats around this forum, I'm not similar with it but someone who is will surely be around shortly. What I did was load the cold and dark aircraft, move it to KRSW (my assigned hub for the virtual airline I fly for), then load the virtual airline colors and the gauges stay in the correct position, save the flight and then your good to go.Tom Bergman

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I got it to a cold and dark cockpit, but I now have white haze over the cockpit in four large boxes. when panning some boxes appear and some disappear. Does anyone else have this problem? I use Win 7 64 bit. If i had to choose between the engine cranking and the bad VC, I have to go with the engines cranking.

I get that when realistic icing effects are enabled in the config. Try disabling them.

-Iain Watson-

As an alternative to to the saving/loading a flight approach to getting a cold and dark cockpit, there is a little program I put together that does it for you. See this post: http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__1887101
And I can confirm this program works great. A must have.Eric

Another alternative is to get fscrew2 works great

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg