Hi all,Well I am looking to upgrade my video card and really up in the air on what I should get. Would really appreciate advice from those of you that might have some of the newer cards. First of all here are my specs:i7 950 OC'd @ 4.16 gigs of RAMSoundblaster Fatality Edition SoundcardCorssair 650w 12v rail at 52ampsEvga GTX460LG 22in monitor 1680x1050Windows 7 64bitNow I do play alot of other games such as Arma 2, Crysis 2, BFBC2 and many others so FSX is just one of the bunch.I don't plan on upgrading my monitor so this is the resolution I will be running. My budget does afford for anything from the 580 down but I want to make sure I get what will work best with my setup.Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Considering your CPU, it's OC, your PSU, resolution, the games you play and your budget, I would get a GTX580. Looks like a no brainer

Thanks for the reply Dazz. Well I thought about it and read some more and finally decided on the 570. I tried FSX and Arma II and noticed a very positive increase in image quality and smoothness. With FSX I was able to pretty much put everything to the right and run higher AA and other settings with my PMDG 747 over Orbx KSEA in bad weather I held around 20 to 25 fps and it was very smooth. After that all my other aircraft were just a walk in the park and flying around all my Orbx scenery with these settings is just amazing. In Arma II which is a very demanding game also I noticed I no longer have issues anymore with looking around and waiting for things to load. What suprised me was that I was able to absolutely max that game out and it is freaking awesome.Overall I am very pleased with the 570 and it was worth the upgrade from the 460 I had. I am currently reinstalling windows and everything right now as they had a sale going on harddrives so I ended up buying a new one.

Considering your CPU, it's OC, your PSU, resolution, the games you play and your budget, I would get a GTX580. Looks like a no brainer
+1 on the 580.cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png