Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Something Wrong JS4100

Something has been going on with my js4100, I used to be able to pick it from the free flight screen and then go to my airfield and it would be running, I would then proceed to do the shut down checklist and get her into C&D, but now when I select the js4100 in the free flight screen it makes a horrible engine shutdown sound then does it again several more times once I load the flight, once the flight loads the engines are off but spining, all the lights on the cap are on and all the instruments are off, No problem I said I'll just reinstall it, so I go through the uninstall reinstall process but no joy same issues, I also noticed that it does not prompt me for my serial # anymore after a reinstall, are their any other folders or perhaps a reg key I have to delete after the uninstall process to get this thing back to normal? I use no saved flight files? I did have fs2crew installed but I keep getting an ntdll error in the pnw so I uninstalled that to do some testing.

...now when I select the js4100 in the free flight screen it makes a horrible engine shutdown sound then does it again several more times once I load the flight...
This is how my J41 has behaved every time I load it no matter what since day one. I'm quite suprised you havn't got the shutdown noise at all previously. Basically I just do a quick C&D procedure after loading every time.I think I did get around it by actually loading a saved flight with the J41 in a C&D state, but then I have to go through all the menus and set the weather, date, location..etc...so I just deal with the noise at the beginning and use the unfeather pump. I still boot the J41 up though after loading a default Cessna all shut down...etc.Just pretend it's some finger-heavy AME pressing too many buttons...haha (ooops the start button does work!)Who knows, maybe some reg entry somewhere in Windows (7 x64 for me) changes something and it leads to that behaviour...maybe it's a FSX SP2 vs. FSX Acceleration difference....I myself running a FSX SP2 installation.As for the Re-install thing..ya must be a reg thing...I have reinstalled my J41 a couple times...and i'm trying to remember if it asked for some activation data....hmmmmm...hard to remember.I suspect there be a little more Turboprop communication from the PMDG guys come after the NGX release...maybe we'll get a little more updates on plan fixes for the upcoming J41 patch.Patrick HBTW: Love your avatar...hahahaaha

I also noticed that it does not prompt me for my serial # anymore after a reinstall
That is how it's supposed to happen. The activation with the J41 is different from the old PMDG planes because you don't have to deal with entering info every time you reinstall.

Thanks for the reply guys, but from the moment I got the the js4100 when I started a flight the engines would be running and everything would be on and it never made that noise, infact if I select the js4100 from free flight and wait until it makes that engine shut down sound then just select a different livery its starts the flight just as it did before, engine running and everything on. The fact that its doing this is not a big deal, but Im trying to figure if this may be the root cause of my ntdll errors which I only started to get recently and only in the js4100, as far as the serial # I have been prompted for it in the past in the free flight screen but that has been after a clean install of my OS so their must be something holding on to it in a reg key somewhere, not really a big deal.@ Patrick you gotta love NEWMAN