Sign in to follow this  
Philipdp

New System suggestions

Hi fellow flight-simmers and PMDG enthusiastsI've found a nice computer at a local comuter store - pre-built by the store:Intel Core i5 2500K @3.3GHz (plan to oc to 4+GHz)Corsair H50 Hydro CPU CoolerAsus P8P67 Rev 3.0 DDR3 USB3+SATA32x4GB DDR3-1600 RAM1TB HDD with 32MB cacheEVGA nVidea GeForce GTX560 Ti Superclocked 1GB GDDR5 PCI-ESeasonic M12II Bronze 620W Power SupplyIt looks great for NZ$2300 (equiv to $1800 USD) and am wondering what you guys think about the setup.Thanks in advanced :( Philip Dunlop

Very similar to my machine that I just built myself for around A$1200. I have a different cooler though (Zalman cnps 990x). The I5-2500k is a very nice processor and very overlockable as many will attest to on this forum. Its very easy too.with my I5-2500k over-clocked to 4.6ghz I get 20-30fps around the resource hungry orbx scenery which is pretty good. My old AMD 4600 manged 5.5 at the same settings.

with my I5-2500k over-clocked to 4.6ghz I get 20-30fps around the resource hungry orbx scenery
With the MD-11/747X at ground of in sky? I assume ground ...

Guest Tamadeez

Great for fsx. Although expensive. Can't beat building your own

Guest acezboy561
Very similar to my machine that I just built myself for around A$1200. I have a different cooler though (Zalman cnps 990x). The I5-2500k is a very nice processor and very overlockable as many will attest to on this forum. Its very easy too.with my I5-2500k over-clocked to 4.6ghz I get 20-30fps around the resource hungry orbx scenery which is pretty good. My old AMD 4600 manged 5.5 at the same settings.
What Orbx Scenery? I get 30FPS in the VC of the Carenado Baron 58, 50FPS in the exterior at YBUD....At YBBN, I get 15FPS all around (VC, Exterior etc). You have to understand that FTX YBBN was built for future systems (thats why the graphics are amazing!) When the Ivy Bridge comes out, im sure we will even see beter results!!

At YBBN, I get 15FPS all around (VC, Exterior etc). You have to understand that FTX YBBN was built for future systems (thats why the graphics are amazing!)
is that true? would explain my rather low fps (no number available right now) at ybbn and slight stutters where other orbx sceneries like canberra or cairns show no decrease. guess I then have to disable more option in the control panel for ybbn...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On the ground at ybbn was my benchmark, just after rolling off. I don't know why but YMML results on the same settings are a lot lower more like 10 fps. Once I finished taxi, I don't bother looking at the FPS because it doesn't really matter.

Thanks guys,Probably will get this one with a few additions (e.g. add a better soundcard). Hopefully I can get it before the PMDG NGX comes out :(