Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

This one has an axe to grind...

Guest southie4

With regard to the locked post concerning "Mike Stone's add-on planes", I don't know if anyone else noticed but I saw virtually the same exact post either here or at FlightSim.com over a year ago. Something smells fouls to me. I have no doubt that the person complaining (About what? It's freeware.) now is the same poster from previously. He obviously has an axe to grind, as they say. Worst of all is that, if my suspicions are true, he is a sneak to boot. A fox in sheep's clothing. You don't fool me!RobertPIII 1 ghz, 512 dram, 64 meg Radeon 7200 graphic card, Intel mobo/815 chipset,80 gig Western 7200 hd,Win Me, 19" ViewSonic E 90f + SB monitor

Guest Rockcliffe

Thanks for locking the post Tom. Perhaps it could be removed entirely. It's pretty vicious.I was saddened when Mike said he was quitting the designing business and am happy to see he's back at it, albeit in a limited way.I'm grateful to have Mike's Goose, 727 and Beech 1900 in my hangar.Regards,BlairCYOW

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,I'm sorry to say, but there seems to have been a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to what was originally posted. At the risk of being censured myself (by the moderator), I have to agree with at least one aspect of what Jinks posted: namely his works are "without any weathering or any real-life color hues, and totally lifeless, with fictitious minimal schemes or liveries". As I only have one of Mike's models (da Goose), I cannot say if this is the norm, but for the G21 Goose, it most certainly was. What Mike does, however, is grant generous permission for other talented artists to work with the blank canvas he supplies. And for that I am most grateful. This, of course, is a personal opinion, and I'll let the chips fall where they will ...

Guest yarvelling

I'd just like to add to this that Mikes' 727 is probably THE best freeware alternative to the Captain Sim payware 727, and his L-1011 Tristar is one of only two that I've found, and is quite splendid, and even though it was originaly designed for FS2002 it works well FS9.For people like that original threadmaker to set out to discredit Mike in such a way is pathetic.

Mike's TriStar is still my favourite FS TriStar :) The person who attacked him is totally unappreciative: Mike is under no obligation to make repaints or planes to suit ANYONE! I'm glad that he doesn't weather his planes - the amount of FILTHY, dirty looking planes available is very :-eek.His Lockheed JetStar is also great! I'm not losing any sleep due to the lack of dirt on the wings :)The guy who attacked him is probably one of these idiots who drives freeware authors away from the hobby ... just for the sadistic pleasure of criticizing :-madWhat's stopping these people from building or repainting their OWN planes? ;)

What these complaining whiners need to do is pick up Gmax (and then whine to the developers for it being *too difficult* to grasp) and make their own planes insted of wasting our time and Avsim's space for thier childish attitudes, I think it's about time Avsim cracks down on these type of folks who seem to troll to forum to forum spreding thier ruined life over a game....[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Reopening the discussion as you have done does nothing more than to draw attention to the troll (which is presumably what he wants) and provides another platform for the discussion to grow on. I see no sense in allowing a rehash of a thread to continue when the purpose of the original thread was to bash a great contributor to our hobby. So, with that, I am locking this thread in the hope that we won't see this subject come up again.