Sign in to follow this  
dutchkip

VOX ATC

Hi there,Could anybody help me please?Lately VOX ATC started to play up and I re-installed it again, hoping that it would work okay. ( My PTT key works again ) But i'm getting told to fly a WWA891A Departure and ATC sends me the complete opposit way of where I need to go.Before it always told me to fly to the first way point.I tried all kinds of different settings, but it will not go away.Am I doing something wrong?, Does anybody know how to solve this?Upon arrival at destination airport it seems to forget I'm there at all and just let me fly around for ages only after disabling and enabling VOXATC does it put me in touch with tower.Any help appreciated as VOXATC website does NOT give any extended info on problems.Regards, Dutchkip

Hi, Dutchkip. :smile:Which route are you using there? Strange Departure name indeed, WWA891A.A you running 6.05 of VoxATC?Did the Indexer run and did you point to the folder of the nav data?

Well this thread is #1 on Google for searches of "WWA891A" :( In addition to CoolP's questions, what route are you flying - or at least what airports are you flying between?Also what AIRAC version are you using - 1105 or another?Regards,

Hi CoolPI'm running version 6.05 of VOXATC and yes I have run the indexer several times.The only thing I can NOT get done is point it to the nav data folder as it's only showing to my cfg files for FSX.And even then it's looking for FS 2004 files for some reason.I'll try an uninstall re-install with a registry clean in between and see if that helps.Thanks for your help.RegardsDutchkip

Hi, Dutchkip. :smile:Which route are you using there? Strange Departure name indeed, WWA891A.A you running 6.05 of VoxATC?Did the Indexer run and did you point to the folder of the nav data?

Hi FenricAny route that I'm flying I'm getting shown the same route.It started when I flew from Lanzarotte to Cape Town GCRR- FACTI do not know what you mean with AIRAC version, never heard of it.Is it something I should run with VOXATC??Thanks and regardsDutchkip

Well this thread is #1 on Google for searches of "WWA891A" :( In addition to CoolP's questions, what route are you flying - or at least what airports are you flying between?Also what AIRAC version are you using - 1105 or another?Regards,

There's a registry repair tool here, seems like it could be useful in your case.Maybe it cures this error.

The only thing I can NOT get done is point it to the nav data folder as it's only showing to my cfg files for FSX.
It's a vital one since VoxATC has to read that data (correctly) or otherwise produces such strange departures.
I do not know what you mean with AIRAC version, never heard of it.
Well, you can update the "navdata" (which is a general description for all sort of things in FSX). This usually gets done for special addons making use of this more or less current database.For example, VoxATC looks into that data to figure out which SID and STAR to be used for your flight. Since this data can be updated, all cycles get a unique description like 1105, meaning 2011, 05th cycle.You don't have to be current there, but at least one dataset has to be there to enable that SID/STAR feature of VoxATC. Otherwise you have to set up every flight manually regarding the procedures to be used.If you choose this manual approach, the SidStarWizard is your tool, or the SidStarEditor (being more detailed).Navigraph sells this navdata for a small fee and some addons even come with a free (and legal) cycle included, to allow an operation. A free demo cycle can be found on this page, scroll all the way down. http://www.navigraph...www/fmsdata.aspIt will give you the PMDG and the Level D data format of 0609. VoxATC uses the one from Level D, just install it and then point the VoxATC config tool that folder.Now I don't know if that rather old cycle works well, but it should at least offer some data. And don't forget about the manual, describing some more details on the setup and also the need for some steps. :(

Hi CoolP,Many tanks for your advice and help showing me in the right direction.I will give it a go when I got some more time on hands and let you know the outcome.Many thanksDutchkip

There's a registry repair tool here, seems like it could be useful in your case.Maybe it cures this error.It's a vital one since VoxATC has to read that data (correctly) or otherwise produces such strange departures.Well, you can update the "navdata" (which is a general description for all sort of things in FSX). This usually gets done for special addons making use of this more or less current database.For example, VoxATC looks into that data to figure out which SID and STAR to be used for your flight. Since this data can be updated, all cycles get a unique description like 1105, meaning 2011, 05th cycle.You don't have to be current there, but at least one dataset has to be there to enable that SID/STAR feature of VoxATC. Otherwise you have to set up every flight manually regarding the procedures to be used.If you choose this manual approach, the SidStarWizard is your tool, or the SidStarEditor (being more detailed).Navigraph sells this navdata for a small fee and some addons even come with a free (and legal) cycle included, to allow an operation. A free demo cycle can be found on this page, scroll all the way down. http://www.navigraph...www/fmsdata.aspIt will give you the PMDG and the Level D data format of 0609. VoxATC uses the one from Level D, just install it and then point the VoxATC config tool that folder.Now I don't know if that rather old cycle works well, but it should at least offer some data. And don't forget about the manual, describing some more details on the setup and also the need for some steps. :(

I do not know what you mean with AIRAC version, never heard of it.
Dutchkip,My bad - I should have been more specific like CoolP. (He's a spot-on dude. :( )I assume (maybe incorrectly) that VoxATC ships with a compatible Navdata AIRAC cycle from Navigraph. If it does, you've likely installed it and can tell VoxATC where the files are using the VoxATC "Advanced Settings" utility -- the question about the "Navdata folder" that you may have seen.

Did it work out, Durchkip?
Hi CoolP,Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but have been working away from home for a couple of weeks.But no, it did not work out.Am in the process of setting sid and stars at the moment and see if that will help.Am flying over africa at the moment and will try and plan a European flight this wee-end to see if tat makes a difference.Thanks