Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salbado

So what is the best "Texture Upgrade"?

Guest danowat

Hi,I notice that a number of texture upgrades has been released recently.Seeing as these are big downloads for peasents like me who are still on Dial-up, which one is the best?.CheersDan.

Hi Dan,Well, I've been trying all of them. Each is interesting in it's own way, but my favorite, and the one that will stay on my hard drive, is Gerrit Kranenbarg's BlueSphere texutres. They are quite subtle and atmospheric. When I look at distant mountains with BlueSphere texutures, they have that blue shift appearance that is very convincing. The BlueSphere textures just give me more of a feeling of being there.

Guest rlefebvr

What about the clouds that comes with the package.Do you re install Chris Willis package on top it or do you leave things as is.RonCVA1701

Hi Ron,"Do you re install Chris Willis package on top it or do you leave things as is.".... I am in the same boat and I'm pretty sure Chris's clouds are overwritten by Gerrit's installers. So the answer is likely to be yes, reinstate Chris's clouds afterwards. You can do it anyway just to be sure ;)What I would like to know is whether the same applies to water/ocean textures? But, as I said, it doesn't really matter as you can always reinstate any of your preferred textures after completing Gerrit's installation.Mike

There are only two files of Gerrit's that would overwrite any clouds you have put in from Chris. Gerrit's cloud files are BIG ... so what I have done, being a sufferer from clouditis, is overwrite Gerrit's clouds after the install with Chris' latest, uploaded yesterday. He has done the same thing about getting rid of the porridge in the mountains, and although both approach it slightly differently there is no question for me which way I needed to go.As far as the ground textures? Matter of opinion, of course, how lucky we are to have a choice. But Gerrit's are more how I expect my sim to look; he's got rid of some of the rather artificial richness of the FS9 textures over FS2002, whereas the the Relief Textures uploaded recently enhance that. Horses for courses, though.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest danowat

Hi,Thanks for the relpys guys, I have set-up to download the BlueSphere textures, I'll check em out tomorrow.CheersDan.

Guest danowat

Hi,Right, I downloaded them, do I need to install all of the seasons?, or just the season we are in currently, and then install another when the season changes?.Sorry for the dumb question ;)Dan.

Hi Dan,"do I need to install all of the seasons?, or just the season we are in currently, and then install another when the season changes?"....I'm sure the answer is ...YES, yes and yes! ;)Mike

Guest ozhero

I agree with the other poster's about Gerrit's textures.They are excellent and have really added to the ground realism for me.Will be trying out the water textures as per the post on her recently and will let you know the results.I haven't re-installed Chris cloud textures yet, will see how it goes with Gerrit's.

Hi Dan, If you just want to try them out, there's no reason why you can't just download the current season. You'll get the full effect as long as you have the texutres for the season you are using installed. Given that you are on dial up, I'd definitely try out one season before you download them all.

Guest Stamatis

Speaking of "current seasons": According to FS2002 (am not sure about FS2004) we are still in Fall!Can these textures be used with FS2002 too?Stamatis

Guest tcable

It's still fall :) That's why there's 2 feet of snow in my yard. Winter bigins the 21st!(or so)Tim

Guest khalpay

Hii MikeWhat is the downloading address of BlueSphere Textures ?ThanksHasan

Guest rlefebvr

Seems to depend where you are flying.I have snow covered ground in the Montreal area.