Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tamadeez

Can PMDG please make a new online module

Guest Tamadeez

Yo! Sqwaukbox and fsinn don't cut it. Annoyed at VIP planes and many other annoyances. So can you create a program that connects us to vatsim and shows us how the planes should. From what I see you guys squirm around FsX limitations. And I ask you because you appear to have the resources and know how. Don't bash me I'm just a customer requesting something. :)

I believe it would be hard and that is a very different kind of software, you need to support Voice over IP for example, and so many things. I don't know what you think is wrong with the existing software. And actually they are the only reocgnized and authorized software to connect to VATSIM. I really believe this is something totally different, and it's not so much about FSX limitations anymore but it goes through all the server functionning, like what datas are sent, and so many things. I really rather let them do what they do the best and let other developers do these clients for VATSIM.

One problem with this issue is that by the VATSIM rules a client software cannot be payware. So it will be tough to get a company to step away from revenue generating products and develop a complex VOIP application that interfaces seamlessly with FSX and FS9 and X-Plane while at the same time having a basic flying dynamic and hundreds of planes and liveries...As of right now, no pilot client software is being developed and the existing clients are very dated and not functional on many computers, for example, nearly everyone I know has some problem with one of the applications. I use one over the other because the other gives me terrible FPS. I have heard of people saying the opposite about the other client and so on. I think we would all pay a reasonable amount for a client software that actually worked really well, but I dont think that's in the cards for VATSIM unless they find some way to address the issue.

Noah Bryant

As has been posted here biggest issues are the Vatsim rules on client software, to some extent and a former PMDG employee is more than aware of this, it's what as prevented good development of pilot clients, or further development of software like fsinn, it became very political at one stage.Vatsim need to look to changing it's policies, personnel, views on client software, if they allowed companies like hifi to integrate their weather engine with pilot software, or makers of various ai add ons like my traffic etc to package something again with their commercial products I think it would help see further development, as their would be an incentive for them to do so. And in fact both of the companies I think would be better suited to doing so than an aircraft maker, as the use of their software is already made by online flyers.That said I use fsinn running on network pc and slowly getting it to use all the right ai models from my my traffic library. And in general it all runs smoothly. James CarrFrom iPad on tap.

Guest Tamadeez

Guess it's a no

Guest Tamadeez

Hmm ivao may be a route to consider.Just had a thought that maybe MS flights online will be epic. Ahh well :)

IVAO is the way to go but as it has been said IVAO is not the best for flying in Northamerica but you will have almost always complete ATC at routes like EDDF-LEPA... and IVAP is the best connecting-tool ;)

regards,

Alexander Marx