Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B747tebs

about the sound file

hi,as far as i could find out, the cockpit sounds are located in somekinda DLL file. Now i really want to change those but as far as i could figure out, its not really possible or is it? I want to have different GPWS callouts for example.

hi,as far as i could find out, the cockpit sounds are located in somekinda DLL file. Now i really want to change those but as far as i could figure out, its not really possible or is it? I want to have different GPWS callouts for example.
The cockpit sounds are packed into in a "soundbank" database file...not really user changeable.

can you tell me how to remove it ? then i could write some gauges for my own sounds which might be interesting for other users as well. :)ps: great aircraft, pretty much the best one in my hanger and i have a lot of aircrafts

can you tell me how to remove it ? then i could write some gauges for my own sounds which might be interesting for other users as well. :)ps: great aircraft, pretty much the best one in my hanger and i have a lot of aircrafts
The sound functions are pretty deeply integrated into most of the subgauges...I counted over 400 calls to the sound functions across the various gauges when I was making the switch from the old FSSound dll that we used in the FS2002 and FS9 versions to the FS2Audio SDK. Removing them isn't an option...probably your best bet is to turn the volumes completely down (i.e. to a value of 0.0) in the TM.ini file.