Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

VC Lights placement HELP!

Hi all,I have a couple of Freeware 2D panels and they are a bit too dark when you switch between the 2D and VCWhat is the general concensus with adding a VC light, where roughly is the placement or where should it be, any tips on this would be great, I also assume its the same method as placing external lights on an aircraft?Many thanks in advance...

What you will need to do is lighten the colours on the bitmaps that are part of the panel itself. Depending on what the panel is, you may simply be able to open the bitmap directly, but it is more likely to be easy (or necessary) to do that using FS Panel Studio, which is payware. There is a demo of it, although I have the payware version, so I don't know exactly how much you can actually do with the demo as far as functionality is concerned. That will let you locate the panel's bitmap easily.You would then need a paint program of some kind to be able to mess about with the bitmap texture for for the panel, and for that I use Photoshop, again there is a demo of Photoshop (30 day trial), but a better choice would be a paint program called Paint.net, which is free and pretty much the same as Photoshop as far as the capabilities you would need for messing around with FS textures.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

What you will need to do is lighten the colours on the bitmaps that are part of the panel itself. Depending on what the panel is, you may simply be able to open the bitmap directly, but it is more likely to be easy (or necessary) to do that using FS Panel Studio, which is payware. There is a demo of it, although I have the payware version, so I don't know exactly how much you can actually do with the demo as far as functionality is concerned. That will let you locate the panel's bitmap easily.You would then need a paint program of some kind to be able to mess about with the bitmap texture for for the panel, and for that I use Photoshop, again there is a demo of Photoshop (30 day trial), but a better choice would be a paint program called Paint.net, which is free and pretty much the same as Photoshop as far as the capabilities you would need for messing around with FS textures.Al
Hi Alan, many thanks for this, ok so placing a .fx light effect doesn't really help, thats cool I am a photographer and use PS so dropping it into PS and increasing the curves without loosing blacks should be no issue at all, will give it a try, many thanks Alan for that....cheers