Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

FSX on new Macs

Anyone hazard a guess at how FSX would run on the new 2011 Macbook pro? Spec is this: 2.0GHz quad-coreIntel Core i74GB 1333MHz500GB 5400-rpm1Intel HD Graphics 3000AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5 I need to get one from work so I don't want a debate about mac vs pc or laptop vs desktop. :( I am just interested to know how it would run FSX. Andy S

Anyone hazard a guess at how FSX would run on the new 2011 Macbook pro? Spec is this: 2.0GHz quad-coreIntel Core i74GB 1333MHz500GB 5400-rpm1Intel HD Graphics 3000AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5 I need to get one from work so I don't want a debate about mac vs pc or laptop vs desktop. :( I am just interested to know how it would run FSX. Andy S
First thing I'll say is make sure to dual boot the mac with windows. Don't expect FSX to run well in a virtual machine like Parallels or any other.What series of Intel is the quad core? 2.0GHz is not bad, but the model series could make a performance difference. I'm not sure about the GPU, but should be ok with low to mid settings settings. Here is a good review of the GPU if you are curious http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6490M.43843.0.html

Hello Andy,I have a new MacBook Pro 17" since march 2011 and FSX runs very well on it. My specs are a little different:2.2GHz quad core (but with Intel Turbo Boost it goes up to 3.2GHz)750GB HDAMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1024MB VRAMI have 3 partitions:1 MacOS partition of 300MB1 NTFS partition with Win7 64Gbit of 150MB1 NTFS partition with FSX of 300MBMy previous MacBook Pro (acquired in June 2007) was running a 2.2GHz dual core. The graphics card was a NVidia (a 320 or 330 if I remember well) with 256MB VRAM and FSX was running ok with settings in the medium range. Because the HD was only 150 MB I was running FSX from a firewire 800 external disk.So I think FSX will run fine on you MB Pro.Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI