Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulthorn

Voz Scenery

Hi All, I just installed the VOZ scenery in my new computer with uses Windows 7 64 bit. It is the only add-on so far that does'nt work with FS9. My old Dell was Windows XP. It seemed to install it ok, but the VOZ switcher won't work. This scenery is not all that important to me, although I do like to use it from time to time. Anyone else tried it with Windows 7?? Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have VOZ installed on my Windows 7 64 bit system, and it works fine. Sorry - it does not help you, but it must be some aspect of your system. I assume that you have installed FS9 into a folder that is NOT in the default "Program Files (x86)" location?

Thanks for the tip Grameb. I think the problem is that I installed FS9 in the X86 location of Program files. Think I'll move FS9 out of there. Paul

You must not install into the default location. windows 7 has special security control over those folders and will not let other software tamper with them. This is why VOZ installer will not work, because it is trying to change textures in the FS9 default folders.I installed FS9 into "C:\MyPrograms\Flight Simulator 9", and it works fine. I also made sure that the security settings for the FS9 folder had "Full Control" for all users.