Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flamin_Squirrel

RealAir Turbine Duke V/S Problem

Hi all.Ive got the turbine duke installed along with the RealityXP 430W.When flying with the autopilot engaged during a climb or descent, if I click on the UP or DN buttons to alter the vertical speed, it acts as if I've got the button pressed, even if I let go of the button and move the mouse away.This very quickly results in either a stall due to excessive climb, or lawn darting, if I don't disconnect the autopilot promptly.The same problem doesn't seem to occur with the piston duke.

Ive got the turbine duke installed along with the RealityXP 430W.When flying with the autopilot engaged during a climb or descent, if I click on the UP or DN buttons to alter the vertical speed, it acts as if I've got the button pressed, even if I let go of the button and move the mouse away.This very quickly results in either a stall due to excessive climb, or lawn darting, if I don't disconnect the autopilot promptly.
I believe that Real Air will release a fix for this in a future upgrade. In the meantime, there is a simple fix if you have both the piston and turbine Dukes installed - replace the AP in the Turbine Duke with the one from the Piston Duke.In the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine\panel folder, first make a backup copy of your panel.cfg. Then open it in Notepad and edit the line that readsgauge08=RASDukeT!Autopilot, 5, 219, 365, 77to readgauge08=RASDuke!Autopilot, 5, 219, 365, 77 ("T" in "RASDukeT" removed)Also copy the file RASDuke.cab from the piston Duke panel folder to the turbine Duke panel folder.

I believe that Real Air will release a fix for this in a future upgrade. In the meantime, there is a simple fix if you have both the piston and turbine Dukes installed - replace the AP in the Turbine Duke with the one from the Piston Duke.In the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine\panel folder, first make a backup copy of your panel.cfg. Then open it in Notepad and edit the line that readsgauge08=RASDukeT!Autopilot, 5, 219, 365, 77to readgauge08=RASDuke!Autopilot, 5, 219, 365, 77 ("T" in "RASDukeT" removed)Also copy the file RASDuke.cab from the piston Duke panel folder to the turbine Duke panel folder.
It will be done. One of the major things incorporated into the sp. Btw. I never had this problem.