Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

A strange Feelthere ERJ-145XR door texture problem

Hello all,I've recently noticed something very strange that only appears to be present on the Feelthere ERJ v2, ERJ-145XR model. Looking at the House colors and a repaint I'm working on (using the public paint kit), despite a door frame and handle being painted on the actual texture file, it does not actually show up on the ERJ-145XR model when I load it. This is only true for the 1L boarding door. An example of what I'm seeing is below.doorframe.jpgPlease notice how the door frame and handle are painted on the main texture file, but don't show up at all on the 145XR model. This is very, very perplexing to me, the first I've seen something like this in the 60 or so repaints I've done for assorted aircraft. I can't seem to find any other texture files that represent this door, which makes me confused why part of the blue line shows up but nothing else.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone else have this problem?Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Both doors (left and right) share the same texture as far as I can recall.
Ahh this coincides with what I'm seeing.I'm seeing on the McPhat forum something regarding an incorrect mapping issue. Which seems to coincide with my findings. It appears that door 1L is somehow mapped to the reverse right side of the fuselage, only on the XR. They alluded to some kind of fix included in the original 145v2 downloader. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 145v2 .exe from another BMT Micro server with the same results.Is there a fix for this available that I'm not seeing?

I believe this glitch never has been corrected, I am not sure about it , just ask Feelthere.When we started painting the bird (at MCPhatstudios) it was the first problem with the texture-layout reported to me.Its quiet unlikely for a vendor/developer correcting this kind of "mistakes" after release.It would have ment making a new mdl file and a new mapping of the model.Painters of new liveries would be pleased , existing liveries however would/might have become obsolete , although in this case its just a question of "where and wich".To be precise the texture for the left door is collected from the right-side texture (not from the right side-door , wich is more aft).Its a very silly mistake made during the mapping of the model.For left-side-screenshot pusposes only you might copy the left front door to the right-side texturesheet.RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Very interesting. Posted in the Feelthere forum about it and they did indeed admit it was mapped to the right side. I guess I don't see the benefit not independently texture mapping such a small but prominent area. And unfortunately, I agree....not likely something that will get fixed because one painter brings it up. Puts some unnecessary limitations on repainting the XR in my opinion.

Very interesting. Posted in the Feelthere forum about it and they did indeed admit it was mapped to the right side. I guess I don't see the benefit not independently texture mapping such a small but prominent area. And unfortunately, I agree....not likely something that will get fixed because one painter brings it up. Puts some unnecessary limitations on repainting the XR in my opinion.
"I guess I don't see the benefit not independently texture mapping such a small but prominent area."There is no benefit , they did not do this on purpose , it was just a silly mistake.As I explaned before, normally anomalities in texturemapping are not corrected after release because of the fact existing paintwork should be revised also.That was not the case here , correcting the issusue is still possible and can be done in no time.The textures are OK they only need to be assigned correctly."because one painter brings it up" I really think they should , they were however warned about the issue by several painters the moment it was released.What we have here is a fine example of how developers neglect the needs of the painters , in this case the developer even neglected its own painters , the default paints have the same glitch. ( who cares those stipid simmers [including myself] buy it no matter what )This is not the first and only occasion we see this happen.Developers start making the model and when thats finished they start making the cockpit/panel,the interior and the rest.Things get painted the moment the developer wants to publish, always in a terrible hurry ,nobody wants to wait for a painter.They should have given the model for painting to the painters in an early stage.No need to say its obvious the Feelthere painters did not make a problem of it OR Feelthere wanted to grab the dollars as quick as possible ,totally neglecting the quality of their product.Several months ago I was working/painting on a model wich was not released yet.The developer asked me to have a look at the model and check the texturemapping.The glitches I found have been corrected before the release.I really think such a procedure should be standard for all developers because these things do not happen at Feethere only.( not saying they all should hire me , I simply have not enough time and there are many other guys willing and capable for the job.)Having an expert checking the mapping early in the process, will cost them a bit of money and time.It will prevent them from silly mistakes like this one.Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I'm still seeking some backup support over on the Feelthere forums...I'd really love to see this fixed. If anyone else still is (I know a few are from PM's I've had), please feel free to post in: http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=34966袖