Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mdexter

wingtip vortices position - please help!

Hi all,Is there any way to change these settings at all??Many thanks in advance....
Most effects have x,y, and z OFFSET values. Changing these is easiest to see 'in sim' using the Effects Tool in the SDK. But be advised that editing a default effect that is used by multiple aircraft will cause the effect to move on all the other aircraft also - this is probably not what you want to do. You could try adjusting the wing_pos_apex_lon and wing_pos_apex_vert in the aircraft.cfg to see if that moves it without messing up the flight handling too much.I have adjusted offsets in vortices that were custom made for a specific aircraft (and were only referenced in that plane's aircraft.cfg)I don't like the vortex effect coming from BETWEEN the wings of a biplane and from the c172; I disabled the default effects.Loyd

Most effects have x,y, and z OFFSET values. Changing these is easiest to see 'in sim' using the Effects Tool in the SDK. But be advised that editing a default effect that is used by multiple aircraft will cause the effect to move on all the other aircraft also - this is probably not what you want to do. You could try adjusting the wing_pos_apex_lon and wing_pos_apex_vert in the aircraft.cfg to see if that moves it without messing up the flight handling too much.I have adjusted offsets in vortices that were custom made for a specific aircraft (and were only referenced in that plane's aircraft.cfg)I don't like the vortex effect coming from BETWEEN the wings of a biplane and from the c172; I disabled the default effects.Loyd
Hi LoydUnfortunately that did not work at all.....hmm many thanks for your ideas, would anyone else know any additional ways I could try and reduce the effect being offset from the wing, the thing is most other aircraft are AOK