Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Decathlon - Are patches required if purchased today?

I wonder if the currently purchaseable version of the Decathlon already contains the problem-fix patches. If not, is there a plan to include those patches in a future downloadable version?Thanks,Robert

I bought the Decathlon and am flying it without any patches... not awareof any problems either.. This is simply a wonderful airplane!

Bert

Hi Bert, Thanks for your reply. I was speaking of the 'Force feedback fix' and the 'Checklists' fix that are available in the Support area of the RealAir Simulations' Web site. Possibly you could provide the answer to my question, if you would be so kind, by looking at your Decathlon's inflight checklists and reference guide to see if they are for the C182, or for the Decathlon. If they are for the Decathlon then the patches were included in your download file.Thanks,Robert

HI Robert,We have not included the small patches in current customer downloads because in most cases they are not needed.We have discovered that due to either throttle calibration or other system-specific variations, FS2004 does have a slight problem with engine-starting. A few users have reported trouble starting engines from cold and for these there is a "strong start" patch. If you use a Force Feedback stick and you find controls too strong or in some cases reversed on some stick makes, there is a fix for this as well.The only small patch which is relevant to everyone is the Decathlon one which places the correct checklist reference in the aircraft cfg. This was an oversight by us for which we apologise.If you do not use inflight checklists, and have no issues with start up or force feedback then you do not need any of the service patches.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page