Sign in to follow this  
xxJohnxx

Key comand settings

Hi,You know the beautiful PMDG MD-11 brings the options to set key kommands or joystick buttons for some functions like the AT disconect. I tried to set some buttons of my Cyborg X joystic for some functions like the AT disconect. But I wasn't able to set any buttons. I tried some joystick buttons but any of them was acceptet. Does sombody knows how I could solve this problem?My PC runs Windows 7 64-Bit, FSX + Accelaration is installed. Best regards,Jonathan H

Hi,You know the beautiful PMDG MD-11 brings the options to set key kommands or joystick buttons for some functions like the AT disconect. I tried to set some buttons of my Cyborg X joystic for some functions like the AT disconect. But I wasn't able to set any buttons. I tried some joystick buttons but any of them was acceptet. Does sombody knows how I could solve this problem?My PC runs Windows 7 64-Bit, FSX + Accelaration is installed. Best regards,Jonathan H
Hi Johnathan, this is a bit of a guess, as I've not had any issues with setting key commands, but perhaps try running FSX as administrator. Sometimes Windows 7 will not let a program make/save changes to a cfg file if not run in admin mode.If anyone is more familiar with this area of MD11 ops I'll defer to your superior knowledge!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Well, I run the PMDG MD-11 on FS9 and Windows 7 64 bit with UAC (User Account Control) disabled. I never ran FS9 as Admin.Just few days ago I assigned the "X" to the A/T disconnect. I did it through the PMDG menu... No issues :( Fouad

Hi Johnathan, this is a bit of a guess, as I've not had any issues with setting key commands, but perhaps try running FSX as administrator. Sometimes Windows 7 will not let a program make/save changes to a cfg file if not run in admin mode.If anyone is more familiar with this area of MD11 ops I'll defer to your superior knowledge!
Hi Mark,Thank you for your fast reply. I tried it in the admin mode. It helped me to set keyboard buttons like Shift+F11 for the A/T disconnect. Looks like these comands work as they should. But joystick buttons are still not working. It seems to me if the settup window can't handle the joystik in my case. Best regards from Austria,Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,What I've done is set keyboard commands in the PMDG menu, then I have used the configuration software for my Saitek X52 to assign those keypresses to various buttons. So button 4 might be "ctrl shift 3" or something, and that is the corresponding command for A/T disconnect in the PMDG menu. If you're having trouble getting buttons to assign in the PMDG menu, this is one possible workaround you could try.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Mark,Thank you!After trying around I was able to get the joystick buttons into the fsx with the method you have told me. :) Best regardsJonathan