Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Flatten switch explanation?

HiOn some sceneries I have strange effect of growing grass above runnaway :( I tried to make flatten bgl for that scenery.Generally I'm familiar with procedure, but I'm a bit confused what should I put for elevation.For example, I have scenery ABCD with elevation of 100ft, and on that scenery I have grass mixing with concrete on some parts.What should I put for flatten elevation.?I'm using SCASM with AFX.ThanksEdin

Get the exact elevation of the airport from AFX (airport properties) and use that.Hope this helps,

On some sceneries I have strange effect of growing grass above runnaway :( I tried to make flatten bgl for that scenery.Generally I'm familiar with procedure, but I'm a bit confused what should I put for elevation.For example, I have scenery ABCD with elevation of 100ft, and on that scenery I have grass mixing with concrete on some parts.What should I put for flatten elevation.?I'm using SCASM with AFX.
If it is tufts of grass showing, you need an exclude file to exclude the autogen.If it is areas of the ground texture showing through the runway, this can sometimes be solved by putting an apron area under the runway in your A&FD file. The aprons and taxiways in an A&FD file are self-flattening, but runways are not.If you think your A&FD file has the wrong elevation, set the default DC-3 on the grass next to a runway or taxiway (not in pause!) and press Y several times to see the elevation given (that's the aircraft's centreline elevation). Substract 9.9 feet from this and you have the ground elevation at that point. Try changing all of your A&FD entries to match that - airport, runways and ILS etc.There can be many causes of problems like yours and the above will not solve every problem. Usually, if the problem persists, there is another flatten file clashing which may need disabling.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org