Sign in to follow this  
Kurby

Many CTDs

Hi pilots,FS2Crew is a really nice AddOn and I cannot fly with out it, since I've bought it ;).But in the last weeks I had a lot of CTDs in different stages of the flight.The FlightSim freezes and the typical WindowsXP messagse appears (....problem was found.....). The details of it says that the file "xactengine3_4.dll" causes it.It happens only when I am flying the iFly connected with FS2Crew.I have reinstalled it and reduced the hardware audio acceleration. Same results...Perhaps any special soundcard problems?Any other ideas?Thanks for help!Michael

Hi pilots,FS2Crew is a really nice AddOn and I cannot fly with out it, since I've bought it ;).But in the last weeks I had a lot of CTDs in different stages of the flight.The FlightSim freezes and the typical WindowsXP messagse appears (....problem was found.....). The details of it says that the file "xactengine3_4.dll" causes it.It happens only when I am flying the iFly connected with FS2Crew.I have reinstalled it and reduced the hardware audio acceleration. Same results...Perhaps any special soundcard problems?Any other ideas?Thanks for help!Michael
Hi Michael,XACT is associated with the FS2Crew audio engine.I've never had that specific report before, and the cause of it could be a million different things on your system.My advice would be to upgrade to Win 7... do a clean install of Win 7 to clear all the junk that may be in your system.I can guarantee if you do that any weird issues will disappear.Cheers,

Good evening,and thanks for the tip.Last days I have installed Windows 7 64Bit and I am very satisfied with the system ;).My first testflight was also successfull, without any problem. I hope there will be no CTD in future.I will continue with it and will report my results here.CheersMichael