Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone! I am Bonz and am a huge FSX Enthusiast! I have been playing since the 95 version. I have recently built a custom budget P.C. to mainly play my FSX Accelerated. My Rig is as follows:Gigabyte - 870-A USB 3Memory - Mushkin 8 gigsGPU - Radeon HD 5770 Cpu - Phenom 2 X6 3.0 GHZ I have was playing FSX on a tri core before so after learning Flight sim was a cpu based game, I updated to the six cores. It runs a lot better now. But I never knew about altering the FSX.CFG file. So i went to some posts on here and tested a bunch oof different values and everything, as well as I went to the site http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html This is a site that will config your file automatically or check what you have done. It says that everything is good, but I still get allot of stutters and jerking around. The game is running on all 6 cores. Perhaps upgrading the GPU to something better than the HD 5770 might help out. other than that I was was wondering with this setup if anyone knows should I be getting 30 + frames per second? I have tried using a limter after setting the frames to unlimited in game. The limiter creates the Bat File but I dont see a difference in it....perhaps anyone knows of a good one (external limiter) other than the ******* one I used... Maybe this is where my problem is. I hope any how because I am still looking for that Wow that everyone says that I would experience after getting this CPU and new hardware. If there are any suggestions, or questions I can answer to better help you help me, please let me know! I will be very hapy to reach my maximum frames and not all the stuttering and jerking around I have now! Thanks everybody! ~ Bonz

Hello everyone! I am Bonz and am a huge FSX Enthusiast! I have been playing since the 95 version. I have recently built a custom budget P.C. to mainly play my FSX Accelerated. My Rig is as follows:Gigabyte - 870-A USB 3Memory - Mushkin 8 gigsGPU - Radeon HD 5770 Cpu - Phenom 2 X6 3.0 GHZ I have was playing FSX on a tri core before so after learning Flight sim was a cpu based game, I updated to the six cores. It runs a lot better now. But I never knew about altering the FSX.CFG file. So i went to some posts on here and tested a bunch oof different values and everything, as well as I went to the site http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html This is a site that will config your file automatically or check what you have done. It says that everything is good, but I still get allot of stutters and jerking around. The game is running on all 6 cores. Perhaps upgrading the GPU to something better than the HD 5770 might help out. other than that I was was wondering with this setup if anyone knows should I be getting 30 + frames per second? I have tried using a limter after setting the frames to unlimited in game. The limiter creates the Bat File but I dont see a difference in it....perhaps anyone knows of a good one (external limiter) other than the ******* one I used... Maybe this is where my problem is. I hope any how because I am still looking for that Wow that everyone says that I would experience after getting this CPU and new hardware. If there are any suggestions, or questions I can answer to better help you help me, please let me know! I will be very hapy to reach my maximum frames and not all the stuttering and jerking around I have now! Thanks everybody! ~ Bonz
I have a program called d3dAntiLag which seems to work well, I can email it to you if you wish. ******* (Bojote) also came out with a shader mod which actually boosts performance on ATI cards. It can be found here. There is an auto installer but have a look at the readme before you try it.

\Robert Hamlich/

Robert, Thanks a lot for this link! I am going to give this a shot! You can give me an e-mail at bonz420@gmail.com if you do not mind! I noticed you had the more realistic scenery add-ons. Do you think that it would be better if I got these as well or should I stick with the default stuff until I can get all of my kinks worked out? I really am thankful that someone answered so fast! I am going to install the program you mentioned now and give this a shot! I have been playing with the FSX.CFG File more since this post and have gotten things running a bit smoother, but I am still having a lot of issues when i fly this Civil Air Patrol Mission, as it is in the Idaho Wilderness and contains about a million trees lol. It may just be that area but it does cause the game to lagg and "hiccup" much worse than usual. The relevance of this is that with what I am running on, shouldn't I be able to fly in any area without these problems? Or do i need to keep downloading the different tools until I can get this corrected? LOTS AND LOTS OF THANKS MAN!!!! I will let you know how this program works out for me! ~ Bonz

Robert, For some reason man when I try to install the new shader 3 mod, It gives me a pop-up at the end of the installation that says, "There is a problem with the Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." When installing I choose the correct destination and everything, and I have never seen this message before.. at this point I am drawing a blank on how to go around this problem! Any ideas? Thanks! ~ Bonz

I went ahead and manually replaced the files with the newer files that are located in the manual install folder. So I wasn't able to install it but I did open the zip and replaced the files in the game directory with the new files that are in the zip and a few of the files were larger but not by much and not many of the files were like that. So I have done this and hopefully it will work as it should if I had installed it with the wizard! So I am going to try and run the game and see if it makes a difference. ~ Bonz

Can anyone help me? I thought maybe I could get you to e-mail that file man. I installed everything manually on the shaders, and i must say I see the improvement! Now I just need that limiter you said you could send! I wouls really apreciate it man! Thanks! - Shawn

Can anyone help me? I thought maybe I could get you to e-mail that file man. I installed everything manually on the shaders, and i must say I see the improvement! Now I just need that limiter you said you could send! I wouls really apreciate it man! Thanks! - Shawn
Hi Shawn,For this type of question, your best bet is the Avsim general forum. You'll get more responses there.Cheers,