Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Not so much CTD as Crash On Takeoff

Hi all. Here's my problem. My PC runs Windows7 32bit, which i know you all think isn't a very good combination when running FSX. Now since last July , when i bought my PC and FSX, it's all worked faultlessly, with PMDG, Carenado, Quality Wings add on's which all have worked faultlessly too! perfect................ Well it had to end eventually.Now tonight, i thought a quick half hour flight, in the sunset would be a nice way to wind down at the end of the day! except that when i started FSX in administrator mode i got the basic "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" screen come up with the small circle spinning round, and that was it, nothing else. I tried restarting the PC a number of times, all the same. So my question to you helpful folks out there, is why all of a sudden a program which works fine, suddenly doesn't........... and more to the point, what can i do about it, short of re-installing everything again.If it turns out to be a suddenly corrupted files or something, and i do have to re-install FSX would i have to do a re-install of all the add-on aircraft as well, or just the main flight simulator?Hope someone can help! Thanks for your replies.David Phillips

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi David; rt-click on your fsx.cfg, cut and paste it into the same folder, then restart FSX. It will make a new fsx.cfg, and it will likely fix the problem. It sometimes gets corrupted, and this is the very quickest 'fixes' that we know. The other one that sometimes kills the startup is a corrupt logbook - but we won't go there yet, ok? Try it and post back here.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul, Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately things didn't go quite as planned, I copied the fsx. cfg file as you suggested but when i came to paste it back into fsx, it somehow got deleted. I therefore took the opportunity to create as separate user account on the PC and re install everything again from scratch, which may have been quite long winded, but did solve the problem, and helped with the running of fsx.Once again thanks for your assistance.uote name='Paul J' timestamp='1310259800' post='2014013']Hi David; rt-click on your fsx.cfg, cut and paste it into the same folder, then restart FSX. It will make a new fsx.cfg, and it will likely fix the problem. It sometimes gets corrupted, and this is the very quickest 'fixes' that we know. The other one that sometimes kills the startup is a corrupt logbook - but we won't go there yet, ok? Try it and post back here.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi Paul, Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately things didn't go quite as planned, I copied the fsx. cfg file as you suggested but when i came to paste it back into fsx, it somehow got deleted.
My fault Stretch: I should have emphasised you needed to delete the existing fsx.cfg completely, so that FSX would remake a new one. You were not supposed to copy it back if the new one fixed the problem - it's only needed for reference to the mods you made to it previously.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.