Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Problem with downloading liveries

Hi all,So i'm not sure if this is a general FSX query, Window 7 or a PMDG one, but as this revolves around the PMDG MD11, i'll post it here. I recently re-installed FSX onto my PC after suffering a problem, So at the same time i thought it would be a good idea to set up a new user id just for FSX. This all went well, i had to re-install all my PMDG aircraft too, as the new installation didn't recognize them. So they are all working again, except that when i try and download from the PMDG website or browse the disc, the computer downloads the livery ok, but then it isn't appearing in my aircraft page in FSX. Now i have heard stories somewhere to the effect that folders get saved into different locations if you change the location of FSX on your PC from the default. Is this what i have done? If so i wasn't aware a new user id saved the program elsewhere on the PC. How do i find out where i should be saving these liveries too? How do i change the destination of a downloaded livery?Any help would be gratefully received.Thanks.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi all,So i'm not sure if this is a general FSX query, Window 7 or a PMDG one, but as this revolves around the PMDG MD11, i'll post it here. I recently re-installed FSX onto my PC after suffering a problem, So at the same time i thought it would be a good idea to set up a new user id just for FSX. This all went well, i had to re-install all my PMDG aircraft too, as the new installation didn't recognize them. So they are all working again, except that when i try and download from the PMDG website or browse the disc, the computer downloads the livery ok, but then it isn't appearing in my aircraft page in FSX. Now i have heard stories somewhere to the effect that folders get saved into different locations if you change the location of FSX on your PC from the default. Is this what i have done? If so i wasn't aware a new user id saved the program elsewhere on the PC. How do i find out where i should be saving these liveries too? How do i change the destination of a downloaded livery?Any help would be gratefully received.Thanks.
hi have u selected i think in fsx all variants in the display

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The downloaded additional liveries are not self installing. You need to run the file after you've downloaded it to a location of your choice. Once you start the installer by double clicking on the file you've downloaded it will install to the correct location, assuming you've not moved FSX after you installed it.Andy Lawton