Sign in to follow this  
Romario

PMDG Vatsim Client.

Btw, with FSInn you have to disable "SkyBlue Radio" or whatever it's called to get it to stop causing a crash window when you exit the sim.I've never figured out how to get it to stop connecting to the non-existent aircraft repository on startup and all that though - even if you disable it the option gets reenabled.If a new client was to be made, my vote would be for something that is very limited in scope but very polished and good - it connects you to the network, handles voice/text, and interfaces with the models in traffic addons like UT2 or MyTraffic to inject the other pilots' planes into the sim with the correct models and liveries etc. There's way too much useless crap in FSInn that you never touch... it's really bloated. Weather should be handled by ASE or REX, not the pilot client - there's always tons of issues with wx in these clients - it's too complicated to do well, they should stick with using the pro weather apps.
Amen to that.

I know this won't happen but it would be neat if there was a very simple and intuitive Vatsim or IVAO client in the FMC itself. One could set up everything externally to keep it simple and then just use the FMC to connect and do basic functions.

I know this won't happen but it would be neat if there was a very simple and intuitive Vatsim or IVAO client in the FMC itself. One could set up everything externally to keep it simple and then just use the FMC to connect and do basic functions.
The number of users who would actually use this would not justify the time, energy, and money needed to develop, deploy, and SUPPORT such a client. If PMDG were to do this it would only create a huge support issue and require a lot of work on their part. Besides, not everyone who is buying the NGX is a VATSIM pilot. And of those who are, would they really use it? What if you flew something other than the PMDG? Why wouldn't you just use your favorite client, SB or FSInn...Its just not feasible.

The number of users who would actually use this would not justify the time, energy, and money needed to develop, deploy, and SUPPORT such a client. If PMDG were to do this it would only create a huge support issue and require a lot of work on their part. Besides, not everyone who is buying the NGX is a VATSIM pilot. And of those who are, would they really use it? What if you flew something other than the PMDG? Why wouldn't you just use your favorite client, SB or FSInn...Its just not feasible.
Fly something other than PMDG???? How can you say such a thing? REPENT! REPENT!

Those are exactly the reasons why I said that I know they won't happen. It's more of a "what if".

It's more of a "what if".
Oh yes, I forgot, this is the PMDG General Forum...