Sign in to follow this  
Romario

PMDG Vatsim Client.

Hey PMDG,I was wondering if you guys would consider a Vatsim Client, as to be honest, there is NO real good VATSIM client (especially for FSX) FSINN and Squawkbox have countless lists of errors, and I think it would be a great compliment to the NGX. Also Ryan, what do you use when flying on VATSIM?

Vatsim's current philosophy is free everything. Free clients, free unlimited connections, etc. The amount of time and quality PMDG would put into this would sure be worth a few bucks.

Hey PMDG,I was wondering if you guys would consider a Vatsim Client, as to be honest, there is NO real good VATSIM client (especially for FSX) FSINN and Squawkbox have countless lists of errors, and I think it would be a great compliment to the NGX. Also Ryan, what do you use when flying on VATSIM?
Just join IVAO, IVAP (the IVAO pilot client) works without problem on both FS9 and FSX.:(Yes I know, IVAC is outdated and IVAC V2 is coming soon, PMDG style, so the soon is loooooooong :(Dion Mollert

I don't want use teamspeak for ATC. LOL.gif I have no Problems with fsinn. All is working fine. The peer to peer works (with a workaround) the aircrafts Show up correct. I don't know which errors the op have.Look a t the German vatsim Forum for the Aircraft Repository Tool. This Tool is great...http://board.vacc-sag.org/45/40957/ (you need to register)P.s sorryfor the typos, i hate the iPad for writing in forums ;)

I have had zero issues with Squawbox with FSX, Ive been using it trouble free for years. What issues are you experiencing?

I was thinking the same thing. Just installed everything again. FSInn with WOAI planes, mapped with the german AI tool, works like a charm and is soo much faster than mapping planes yourself. Please keep on making planes - all the good stuff ;-)Ulrik Kvist - VATSIM ATC/PILOT - EKCH

Nil issues with FSINN & FSX.Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I have had zero issues with Squawbox with FSX, Ive been using it trouble free for years. What issues are you experiencing?
Agree with comments above, it is a huge amount of work to develop one of these. I have been getting DLL errors for years with the Skip/Ignore/etc prompt. Maybe there is a way to fix this? Other than that SB4 works well with all of the PMDG products including the NGX.

Guys,There's too many issues with doing this unfortunately - the main being that the amount of time it'd take to develop takes away from doing aircraft and we'd have to charge for it to make it worth the time invested. VATSIM doesn't allow payware that connects to the network.I personally use FSInn but I do agree both SB and FSInn are old and the network's in serious need of some kind of new software on the pilot client end.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I personally use FSInn but I do agree both SB and FSInn are old and the network's in serious need of some kind of new software on the pilot client end.
+1

FSINN and Squawkbox have countless lists of errors.
First off, Squawkbox is rock solid... And although I am a very loyal SB user, FSInn is a fantastic client that fits in with the needs of many many many VATSIM pilots. Second, where did you get that information? That seems like a completely baseless statement. Also, a tip if you get the occasional Squawkbox crash... run the client outside FS, so you can just kill the process and restart SB.
I have been getting DLL errors for years with the Skip/Ignore/etc prompt. Maybe there is a way to fix this? Other than that SB4 works well with all of the PMDG products including the NGX.
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about... Add all the executables and DLLs to your antiviruses exclusions list in both the Program Files/Squawkbox folder (and your modules folder if you use FS9).

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about... Add all the executables and DLLs to your antiviruses exclusions list in both the Program Files/Squawkbox folder (and your modules folder if you use FS9).
Thanks Kylan, I will try but I am running with antivirus disabled. It seems to happen when something changes with the controller. I get the error, click ignore and everything moves forward.

Thanks Kylan, I will try but I am running with antivirus disabled. It seems to happen when something changes with the controller. I get the error, click ignore and everything moves forward.
Another trick to getting rid of any Issues with SB (Yes Im a loyal SB user as well, since the SATCO days infact) Open it as a separate program while using a 2D panel in a default aircraft. Then go ahead and switch aircraft.

Windows Firewall also has the same type of exclusion list... Search "Allow a program through Windows Firewall" in the search box by hitting "Start". You should be able to select an application to exclude. All the issues I have had with Squawkbox have been issues with SB trying to communicate with the VATSIM servers.

Btw, with FSInn you have to disable "SkyBlue Radio" or whatever it's called to get it to stop causing a crash window when you exit the sim.I've never figured out how to get it to stop connecting to the non-existent aircraft repository on startup and all that though - even if you disable it the option gets reenabled.If a new client was to be made, my vote would be for something that is very limited in scope but very polished and good - it connects you to the network, handles voice/text, and interfaces with the models in traffic addons like UT2 or MyTraffic to inject the other pilots' planes into the sim with the correct models and liveries etc. There's way too much useless crap in FSInn that you never touch... it's really bloated. Weather should be handled by ASE or REX, not the pilot client - there's always tons of issues with wx in these clients - it's too complicated to do well, they should stick with using the pro weather apps.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com