Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

Comm command not switching

Hi,I was hoping that it has something to do with the old iFly FSX installation but after SP1 I can't still switch between Comm1 and Comm2Giving a Freq. change command to Comm1 works but another to Comm2 won't. The F/O says SET, The DSP tape is givin the correct string but nothing occurs/change in the Comm2 display.Cheers...

Hi,I was hoping that it has something to do with the old iFly FSX installation but after SP1 I can't still switch between Comm1 and Comm2Giving a Freq. change command to Comm1 works but another to Comm2 won't. The F/O says SET, The DSP tape is givin the correct string but nothing occurs/change in the Comm2 display.Cheers...
What exact speech command are you saying for Comm 2?Let me know and I'll try to reproduce.Best,

Set 119.27 on Comm2 (no matter what's in the box at Comm2 at that moment) Changing Freq. on Comm1 is no problem, only Comm2.The F/O says after that, Set... but there is no change.Cheers...PS: is there a command or maybe for a future release, for switching between the 2 Comm radio's. Something like, Select Comm (X)As you maybe can remember, I am flying in 3D Vision and flipping the Comm Switch on the Pedestal in a busy environment is very difficult in 3D especially when flying by hand in a non precision approach.I have to left my right hand joystick to grab the mouse for doing that switch flip and in a crosswind situations it becomes unwanted many times.I have tried to solve it with a assigned button on my Joystick but without succes, maybe someone else knows a work around for it, I have FSUIPC registered but could't find a assign for it.

Set 119.27 on Comm2 (no matter what's in the box at Comm2 at that moment) Changing Freq. on Comm1 is no problem, only Comm2.The F/O says after that, Set... but there is no change.Cheers...PS: is there a command or maybe for a future release, for switching between the 2 Comm radio's. Something like, Select Comm (X)As you maybe can remember, I am flying in 3D Vision and flipping the Comm Switch on the Pedestal in a busy environment is very difficult in 3D especially when flying by hand in a non precision approach.I have to left my right hand joystick to grab the mouse for doing that switch flip and in a crosswind situations it becomes unwanted many times.I have tried to solve it with a assigned button on my Joystick but without succes, maybe someone else knows a work around for it, I have FSUIPC registered but could't find a assign for it.
Hi,I just tested "119.27" on Comm 1 and Comm 2.They both worked for me.Are you 100 percent positive the green bar said 'comm2' and not 'comm1'?I'll consider your other request regarding comm swithing.Best,

Hi,I just tested "119.27" on Comm 1 and Comm 2.They both worked for me.Are you 100 percent positive the green bar said 'comm2' and not 'comm1'?I'll consider your other request regarding comm swithing.Best,
Bryan,I see now that Comm 2 will be changed on the Comm 2 radio F/O side.How can I change that to the Captain side?Looked already in the manual and the config manager iFly but can't find it...Cheers...

Bryan,I see now that Comm 2 will be changed on the Comm 2 radio F/O side.How can I change that to the Captain side?Looked already in the manual and the config manager iFly but can't find it...Cheers...
You mean Comm 1?As far as I can see, there are only two Comm Radio's on the 737's audio panel.Cheers,

You mean Comm 1?As far as I can see, there are only two Comm Radio's on the 737's audio panel.Cheers,
Bryan,Have you never noticed that you can put in independent Comms and Nav's on the right side and left side of the pedestal?Correct me if I am wrong but when the Left side and Right side works as a Master/Slave, you must have identical numbers on both sides after changing the Freq.I can set 4 different Comm freq. left and right.On the Nav. radio also, 1x active 1x Standby Left and 1x active 1x standby Right, completly independent.Don't know if this is normal in a real 737NG but the iFly can...Whatever, I see the Comm Freq. change with FS2Crew voice command on the F/O side and is not the side I am sitting...Funny story by the way...Cheers...

Bryan,Have you never noticed that you can put in independent Comms and Nav's on the right side and left side of the pedestal?Correct me if I am wrong but when the Left side and Right side works as a Master/Slave, you must have identical numbers on both sides after changing the Freq.I can set 4 different Comm freq. left and right.On the Nav. radio also, 1x active 1x Standby Left and 1x active 1x standby Right, completly independent.Don't know if this is normal in a real 737NG but the iFly can...Whatever, I see the Comm Freq. change with FS2Crew voice command on the F/O side and is not the side I am sitting...Funny story by the way...Cheers...
Hi,Thanks for the video.Video shows it working correctly (at least the way I intended it).Comm1 is the Captain's side radio. Comm 2 is the FO's side radio.I think you want Comm 2 to be the "standby" frequency, but it's not a standby frequency it's a separate radio.Cheers,

Hi,Thanks for the video.Video shows it working correctly (at least the way I intended it).Comm1 is the Captain's side radio. Comm 2 is the FO's side radio.I think you want Comm 2 to be the "standby" frequency, but it's not a standby frequency it's a separate radio.Cheers,
I disagree with you Bryan,That is not how it works in a simulator (1 pilot flying) You are saying now that I have to switch to the F/O side to make the other (standby) frequency active and I think nobody will do that. That's where you have your (virtual) F/O for to do that, right?I can follow you if you say, in a real world that is how it works, however, this is not a real plane with 2 pilots on the flightdeck so to have Fs2Crew functional, radio stack wise, you have to implement a switch command as I suggested to you earlier. For the moment I can live with the fact that I can only use Comm1 with voice commands and have to set the standby manually but is not what I expected.Cheers...