Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

FSUIPC Joystick Calibration

I looked in the FSUIPC Doc but couldn't find out what the Filter Checkbox is in the joystick calibration section. Do I want these checked?? Thanks

If I may chip in on your thread here, if there is an up to date and extensive manual for the registered version of FSUIPC I would love to find it. What I have downloaded from the web site is not all that helpful. I haven't a clue what many of the tabs are for and I have the feeling that I'm missing out on a lot of the things this great module has to offer.CheersIan

I found this with a simple Edit/Find "filter" of the FSUIPC User Guide, page 50:"9. There are two other options you may be wondering about. Filter allows you to switch on a simple digital filter for the axis. This tries to suppress fast changes such as jitter. Because it is kept simple (for performance reasons) it isn‘t perfect, but if you do suffer from jitter on an axis, try enabling it. It won‘t do any harm and it may help. [Note that enabling the filter action on some axes, particularly Brakes, can apparently adversely affect the way some advanced cockpits operate. If you have any doubt do not check the Filter option]."You should find the pdf file in your FSX/Modules folder.

The latest documentation is here:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66137-documentation/This is the same documentation included in the full pack for a version. That is why it is stated to install the full pack first followed by any interim update in a major update.Regarding filters, these are to assist in eliminating axis jitter from controls due to eleectronic noise and worn potentiometers (the motion variable resisters that levers, joystick movements, etc. use) to smooth out the 'signal'. Some USB interfaces are subject to noise as well. These filters will assist with minor jitter but will not catch major variances usually caused by excess ware or oxidized potentiometers due to dirt or lack of use.