Sign in to follow this  
Mat

Boeing-Field - Frankfurt 737-800

Hi folks! As soon as the NGX is released (hopefully soon) I want to simulate a realistic ferry-flight from boeing field to someplace in Germany (maybe FRA or MUC). - is the maximum range really sufficient without pax and cargo to commence the flight non-stop?- If the maximum range isn't sufficient for this route, where is the fuel-stop? - Iceland? and what could the routing be like? (NAT??) Thanks in advance for your answers. Take care and I hope we'll receive a notice about the release of the NGX soon.

SkyEurope's (now defunct airline) flew non-stop from Boeing's field to Prague or Bratislava on a delivery flight. I think it was a 737-700 variant but I am not sure. Surely the dominant jetstream winds must have helped.

I have heard in the past that they pur aux fuel tanks which are temprary just for the ferry flight. However this couod totally false.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I have heard in the past that they pur aux fuel tanks which are temprary just for the ferry flight. However this couod totally false.
I wouldn't say so, it would be much cheaper to just make a fuel stop, Going on what Michael said, it depends on the wind, they'll usually plan to make a fuel stop and then be re-dispatched if there's enough fuel remaining for the rest of the journey....

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Well ryanair, do KBFI->EIDW but I'd say that FRA or MUC are a bit too far for no fuel stop....
That's what I thought, too. It's a few miles more...
SkyEurope's (now defunct airline) flew non-stop from Boeing's field to Prague or Bratislava on a delivery flight. I think it was a 737-700 variant but I am not sure. Surely the dominant jetstream winds must have helped.
WOW!!! 150kts tailwind, I guess... ;-)If the winds aren't as planned or they decide to do a fuel stop, how do they manage the NAT routes? I use "RouteFinder" for flight planning and I already planned a route from MUC to Keflavik. But I'm not able to plan a route from Keflavik to KBFI...that's the reason I ask...

I wouldn't say so, it would be much cheaper to just make a fuel stop, Going on what Michael said, it depends on the wind, they'll usually plan to make a fuel stop and then be re-dispatched if there's enough fuel remaining for the rest of the journey....
now that makes a heck of a lot more since lol

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Here are details about this flight: ....reached another No1 when the 7th brand new Boeing 737-700 Next Generation landed at Bratislava airport on Saturday 27th of January 2007 at 6,53 p.m. after a record-breaking flyover of 8 382 km without any fuel stop. Under the control of captain Peter Pelec the new addition into SkyEurope’s fleet jumped over the distance between American Seattle and Prague in just 10 hours and 10 minutes. It is the longest documented flyover of any Boeing 737-700NG in the commercial configuration. The longest distance record flown by Boeing 737 type so far is 8 116 km on the route Seattle-Berlin in 1998. SkyEurope not only broke the current world distance record, but also have flown its new Boeing home in the most economic way. „This record flyover required a lot of fuel planning and managing. During first four hours we faced a strong headwind and there was a lot of thinking and decision making just during the flight. Originally we wanted to make a fuel stop in Edinburgh, but due to a positive tailwind we could manage to fly directly to Prague,“ said Peter Pelec, Flight Operations Manager of SkyEurope.

Here are details about this flight: ....reached another No1 when the 7th brand new Boeing 737-700 Next Generation landed at Bratislava airport on Saturday 27th of January 2007 at 6,53 p.m. after a record-breaking flyover of 8 382 km without any fuel stop. Under the control of captain Peter Pelec the new addition into SkyEurope’s fleet jumped over the distance between American Seattle and Prague in just 10 hours and 10 minutes. It is the longest documented flyover of any Boeing 737-700NG in the commercial configuration. The longest distance record flown by Boeing 737 type so far is 8 116 km on the route Seattle-Berlin in 1998. SkyEurope not only broke the current world distance record, but also have flown its new Boeing home in the most economic way. „This record flyover required a lot of fuel planning and managing. During first four hours we faced a strong headwind and there was a lot of thinking and decision making just during the flight. Originally we wanted to make a fuel stop in Edinburgh, but due to a positive tailwind we could manage to fly directly to Prague,“ said Peter Pelec, Flight Operations Manager of SkyEurope.
Cool - thank you so much for posting this report. Interesting - so it seems to be not much of a problem to get the NG "across". I may have to plan a fuel stop somewhere in GB, but that's it. :-) What if I would want to make a fuel stop in Keflavik? How am I supposed to get there? - Via NAT (without an entry point)?

Cool - thank you so much for posting this report. Interesting - so it seems to be not much of a problem to get the NG "across". I may have to plan a fuel stop somewhere in GB, but that's it. :-) What if I would want to make a fuel stop in Keflavik? How am I supposed to get there? - Via NAT (without an entry point)?
I'd just go SNN and then on to FRA....

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

How do you choose a STAR among others ? Do you use only charts ? I mean, mainly when you want to simulate a runway change while approaching. THx

Why you want use Keflavik? I would use Shannon... Thats more direct then Keflavik.. With todays NATs the route would be: KBFI FLAAK J505 YXC J500 VLR J543 YHD J576 YXZ J596 YYB J509 SMARE J513 YMX J565 VLV J509 YQY J575 YYT NOVEP 48N050W 50N040W 52N030W 53N020W MALOT GISTI KURUM EINN Or you use a Airport in GB.. If you want use Keflavik then without NATs ;) I dont have my Planningtool installed but you must use some directs then..