Sign in to follow this  
N3744F

TO PMDG: The NGX SDK

Having spent the last 30 minutes flying around Manhattan X, I'd like to start with a huge THANK YOU to the team for this amazing work of art! Three years has finally paid off and the result really is quite magical! Back on topic... I've come across a few users now, who like myself, have external hardware which at this stage is not compatible with the NGX. I'd like to ask what kind of release timescale we are looking at with the SDK, alongside the other variant releases. Having an NG home cockpit, the NGX is pretty much useless to me without these hardware drivers, at least from Saitek and GoFlight... I understand that the SDK will be available to hardware developers only, and that they must distribute drivers FOC. Obviously this immeadiately rules out any idea for interfacing an overhead panel, for example. Your thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Unfortunately as they stated in the Getting Started manual this had to happen in order for them to make things work more proper. They also state that they will release the SDK to the manufacturers and expect them to release a fix to us at no charge as well. Not so sure that Saitek is going to jump to make their switch panel or multi panel come to life because of PMDG though but hopefully I'm wrong. Right now, neither the Switch Panel or the Multi Panel work except for being able to disable the AP and changing the course. However if you manually put the landing gear lever in the middle position then you can use the gear lever on the switch panel.