Sign in to follow this  
KLM_777_300ER

Alt disagree on PFD

hi all let me start of by saying THANK YOU PMDG FOR THIS WONDERFULL AIRCRAFT i love it i love it. I have a question though, on the PFD i get the yellow flag that says ALT DISAGREE? how can i get rid of that?And also my plane is climbing on a rate of aprox 1000 ft per min is that normal? thank you in advance

I think it is in the manual under Abnormal Procedures or Warning Messages or anything like that. Go read it! well it means that your Altimeter and that one on the FO's side differ more than 200feet. check the FO's barometric setting or check the option to automatically synchronize both barometers!

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

I think it is in the manual under Abnormal Procedures or Warning Messages or anything like that. Go read it! well it means that your Altimeter and that one on the FO's side differ more than 200feet. check the FO's barometric setting or check the option to automatically synchronize both barometers!
thanks your right, my PFD says 13000 FT and the F/O side says 35000 ft that's the correct alt that is programmed in the FMC.

Hello I have the same problem and thanks but where is the option to synchronize the barometers ?

thanks your right, my PFD says 13000 FT and the F/O side says 35000 ft that's the correct alt that is programmed in the FMC.
do you mean the actual altitude in the whitebox on the Altitude-tape? or the pink/magenta MCP Altitude in the right upper corner on the PFD ? Because that would be strange, if those two would differ 22000 feet!
Hello I have the same problem and thanks but where is the option to synchronize the barometers ?
it is in the FMC -> MENU -> PMDG Options -> DISPLAYS -> somewhere on one of those pages. it is called something like sync barometric settings

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

do you mean the actual altitude in the whitebox on the Altitude-tape? or the pink/magenta MCP Altitude in the right upper corner on the PFD ? Because that would be strange, if those two would differ 22000 feet! it is in the FMC -> MENU -> PMDG Options -> DISPLAYS -> somewhere on one of those pages. it is called something like sync barometric settings
I mean that on the white box of the PFD i tryed to syc them but it doesn't help kind a lost here trying to find it in the documentation but i can't seem to find it. it still says on the Cap side 13000 ft and on the F/O side 35000 ft. (EDIT)now it's climbing to 40000 ft and my MCP setting is 35000 ft but i think it's till climbing because my side of the PFD i saying that it is at 15000 ft i paused it because its getting into a stall. i've no idea how to fix this.

There was no option and I try to put the same barometric settings PFD F/O but a disagree appeared again.

There was no option and I try to put the same barometric settings PFD F/O but a disagree appeared again.
There is an option. I use it myself. But since i am at work i can't check for you where it exactly is. Maybe you have a problem with your pitot-static devices? Maybe you have some invalid settings with the Display Sources on the overhead.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

Ok Thanks, I found the option. And on overhead I set display on 2.Now the F/O and the captain PFD display the same altitude, but the warning message ALT Disagree remains.On the captain HUD, there was a disagree with F/O CAPT PFD.And why I have to put displays reference on F/O to have an altitude in accordance to the reality ?If I choose CAPT PFD as reference the altitude grows very low and it is not the real altitude

Ok Thanks, I found the option. And on overhead I set display on 2.Now the F/O and the captain PFD display the same altitude, but the warning message ALT Disagree remains.On the captain HUD, there was a disagree with F/O CAPT PFD.And why I have to put displays reference on F/O to have an altitude in accordance to the reality ?If I choose CAPT PFD as reference the altitude grows very low and it is not the real altitude
This is still incorrect. The display switches on the overhead should be set to 'NORMAL'. If it's set to 'BOTH ON 2', the CAPT PFD is displaying exactly what the FO's display will show and use the static source from that side also. There are 2 options to sync the altimeter. One is for the CAPT/FO sync and the other is for the CAPT/Stand by Sync. Maybe you enabled the wrong one.