Sign in to follow this  
Vasrig

Problem External Model

guys, I have a problem in the external model. my cfg don´t have satcom, but it appears. the turbine this static. see the picture below. Tks.Felipe Cesarini

did you manually edit your .cfg? OR did you use the FMC Equipment menu? Because i think manually editing the config doesn't work. Try to disable the SATCOM through FMC > MENU > PMDG Options > Equipment > SATCOM Off or something like that

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

I have no idea if this will help but do you have "Advanced Animations" on in one of the FSX settings menus?

Heffron,I´m use FMC Equipment, don´t use .cfg for that. SATCOM setup OFF.VIPERGTSR01, the model SFP works fine, this is a normal model GOL. linahs aereas.

Same problem yesterday, Reload aircraft was helping.. Satcom forward aft or off did not effect on model.

Same problem here sometimes. The satcom is not mounted in the fmc menuIt seems it has to do with the engines running with the anti collision light.As you start the engines, the satcom appears when you switch the anti collision light on.When you shut down the engines and the anti collision light the satcom disappears. Patrick didier Edit : Last time I noticed this I was running dx10 preview. When the engine 1 is running a fixed anti collision light appears (the anti collision light switch has no effect). When the engine 2 is running the satcom appears.

I found out, at least for me, how to duplicate this problem consistently: If you initially select a particular NGX aircraft model in the Free Flight window and then change to a different livery of the same NGX model (e.g., an AA 800WL changed to a Delta 800WL), this problem occurs where the fan blades are not displayed and upon startup of engine 2, the satcom is displayed and upon engine 1 startup, a steady anti-collision light (beacon) is displayed on the exterior model. If you switch between two different NGX models, you won't have this issue (e.g., AA 800WL changed to United 900WL). However, there are times in this scenario when the NGX systems won't initialize upon selecting Fly Now, leaving you with a dead cockpit and forcing a re-start of FSX. So the workaround is: Be certain to only select the NGX model and livery you intend to fly initially, i.e., the aircraft that displays in the "preview" window of the Free Flight screen. If you have an NGX in your default startup flight, you will want to change it to a default FS aircraft (or anything other than an NGX), otherwise any other livery of that NGX model you subsequently select will have this issue. Yeah, this is a relatively small problem compared to the freeze-ups and out of memory problems, but at least one that you can more easily avoid.

Chris Lundberg

I believe that was mentioned in the introduction manual. Do not select a different livery of the SAME model. You have to select a different model.

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

I believe that was mentioned in the introduction manual. Do not select a different livery of the SAME model. You have to select a different model.
Yes, it was mentioned. But I guess what wasn't clear was what constitutes loading the aircraft. From the manual: "This means that if you have one variant of the airplane selected and running within the simulation world (say, a 737-800 with winglets) and you wish to change liveries to a different 737-800 with winglets, you may run into a simulator lock-up if this is not done carefully." Obviously, this issue occurs without the aircraft actually running within the simulation world...but by just simply being selected in the Free Flight "preview" before selecting Fly Now. Clearly however, at that point, it is loading the aircraft even though it is not going through the "initialising systems..." process. So perhaps the instructions are a little ambiguous on this point. It certainly doesn't lock up...in fact, it flies and looks just fine from within cockpit views. Only the "spot view blokes" will notice the discrepancy.

Chris Lundberg